• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As low as the Elio is, we will have the best of both (sides) worlds. I can drag the hose over the bed of my p/u if I have to, but the Elio will be of no worries, either side. Pull up to an available pump, gas up, and continue on. No worries!
I smile when I think about the (never) option of a very limited rear wheel steer so that you could sashay the tail end right up close to the pump just to see the reaction of the pump guys (I'm in Oregon). :-) I digress...!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's the darned inertial retractors on rough roads. Really bad for about two or three months after they dig the old one out for battery change. Not real good at any time though. I've had mine for about 12 years. They changed it out about 2 years ago.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Obviously you don't have a pacemaker so you have no idea what it's all about.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0_SFxa8TBB_j_wS-aq4Cahx462QkADBPTF95Q9qtCA9KOZItA.jpg

Definitely NOT making light of your condition, but the comments about seatbelts riding uncomfortably across people's chests reminded me think of a commercial I saw on one of the TruTV shows. It's a real product [I didn't think it was at the time...but d*mned if they don't have a website], and you'd have to be pretty secure in your masculinity, but they might actually have something here.

http://tiddybearcomfortstrap.com/

...again, no disrespect intended!

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely NOT making light of your condition, but the comments about seatbelts riding uncomfortably across people's chests reminded me think of a commercial I saw on one of the TruTV shows. It's a real product [I didn't think it was at the time...but d*mned if they don't have a website], and you'd have to be pretty secure in your masculinity, but they might actually have something here.

I thought that was fake

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Never saw those before.....
Doesn't look like it would get the right area, but I appreciate the thought.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone drive a wrecker? If an elio is picked up by the front wheels will it tend to tip off the wrecker because the Elio has no rear stability?

You bring up a point that I don't think has been discussed [AMAZED!:eek:]. To secure the front wheels you're going to have to remove the fairings to get the straps on...not liking it already. It seems there would be 'some' lean in the corners depending on how stiff the front suspension is, but I don't see it being significant. If they're towing mine, they'd better send the roll-back type tow truck.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You bring up a point that I don't think has been discussed [AMAZED!:eek:]. To secure the front wheels you're going to have to remove the fairings to get the straps on...not liking it already. It seems there would be 'some' lean in the corners depending on how stiff the front suspension is, but I don't see it being significant. If they're towing mine, they'd better send the roll-back type tow truck.
Hmmmm. A tilt-bed wrecker for me, too. Already used to that thought as we had two AWD Ford Aerostars that warned us in no uncertain term not to have any wheel touching the road when towed. So could the Elio be secured to a tilt-bed with straps over the exposed front suspension apparatus without damage? Perhaps they need frame secure points like the foreign cars are secured on ship.

Top Bottom