• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've all had a chance to view the pics of the P5 and by now we all know what we like and don't like. So, let's see what we would change.... if it were up to us. I'll start the ball rolling.

1. Replace the Elgin dash with something that looks like an automobile dash.
2. Do something with that little instrument cluster to the left of the dash. It looks like an afterthought.
3. Change the rear end panel back to the P3 style.
4. Extend the exhaust pipe out a little so as to keep the exhaust away from the paint work.
5. Raise the back of the trunk some to give more trunk space.

:rolleyes:

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Add ridges to the front fender skirts to look like the back skirt. I made a mock up.
DSC09377.JPG

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about this...wait and see what the actual production model comes out with...see what options are available...order it to your liking and then modify whatever you want and are capable of doing yourself or can pay someone else to do. Until then how about we let Paul and all the engineers do their job to create the absolute best auto cycle that they can!

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't really have any substantial complaints with what EM have done with the P5. Although there are two things I would like to see in the final version that aren't on it:

1. Switch the front seatbelt to the right side
2. Keyed locking mechanism for the hood (either a release lever in the cab or locking pins)

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That will be done per Deborah McAteer.

(Did you notice that they have gone to 4 lug rims instead of 5?)
(Also, the oil drain plug is at the rear of the pan, not at the front. A good change probably.)

Hmmm.... even with the plug in the rear it should be pretty easy to reach from the side because the elio is so narrow. No crawling - just reaching :)

Top Bottom