• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a little disappointed, Jerome at the Shreveport show told me we would all see pictures of the E series build in about 2 weeks. : (
Me too. It's possible the E builds can't start until after the design freeze, parts are fabricated, and engines manufactured.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Roush saw what they were doing and said lets try something different for the 100 Fleet vehicles and that might be the cause of a delay in seeing any pictures of the build. Just a thought.
I would expect change in the E builds based on P5 testing, change in the Q4 2016 100 pre-production fleet vehicles based on the E testing, and change in the final production vehicle based on results of the fleet testing. Only a month left to the end of Q1 2016. Time flies when you're having a good time.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the E builds are to be made in May, then the parts must have to be made this month and that will take some tooling for the suppliers. I'm not sure how much pre-assembly parts making is being done in house and how much is being exported outside the plant.

First, I'd love to have a press conference showing the first rollout of the part production with the longest lead time in the build. Followed closely by a press conference showing the beginning of actual motor production. One part after another rolls off each news cycle with the first E series being paraded before the press.

Then follow the tests and results with a down time lull until the modifications are completed for the Fleet 100.

Then one more for the delivery of the first fleet build until the final production design is done with modifications based on fleet testing.

Then we can celebrate the actual beginning of production for parts for the production vehicles followed by the startup of actual production vehicles and finally, the first delivery of a production vehicle to a paying customer. (probably about tenth in line after Paul and the rest of the board get their freebies.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the only way this year we'll get blow-by-blow updates is to ask those specific questions at showings and pray to get lucky.
Isn't EM's Momentum designed to keep Elio fans updated on progress with blow by blow weekly updates? There has been no stated or confirmed production progress since the P5 unveil.

Last edited:

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always wondered how and when a design is finalized and they stop and just start building the parts or the whole car. Some one has to say "OK that's it , that will look great or work just fine, lets start building!" There is always room for improvement in everything we do or build but when and how is the final decision made. ALSO, all car manufacturers leave room with their latest vehicle creation for room for improvements in both design and options that can be changed or added in the next generation.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the E builds are to be made in May, then the parts must have to be made this month and that will take some tooling for the suppliers. I'm not sure how much pre-assembly parts making is being done in house and how much is being exported outside the plant.

First, I'd love to have a press conference showing the first rollout of the part production with the longest lead time in the build. Followed closely by a press conference showing the beginning of actual motor production. One part after another rolls off each news cycle with the first E series being paraded before the press.

Then follow the tests and results with a down time lull until the modifications are completed for the Fleet 100.

Then one more for the delivery of the first fleet build until the final production design is done with modifications based on fleet testing.

Then we can celebrate the actual beginning of production for parts for the production vehicles followed by the startup of actual production vehicles and finally, the first delivery of a production vehicle to a paying customer. (probably about tenth in line after Paul and the rest of the board get their freebies.

Would you like to see the results of weekly proctoscopic exams also?

Top Bottom