• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The crowd funding phase, is essentially done, according to the letter/email out this morning, 7am Arizona time. (HQ is in AZ right? yea-yea, I'm being 'pithy', lol)

We may as well move on to collecting anything about the E-Series activity. Yes, I'd just watch for it myself, but our membership seems to ferret out all the tiny evidence there is immediately. So I want a thread open to view it.

So that you don't have to look it up, this is the note below
Hello Arak,

Today is another banner day in Elio Motors’ history. Thanks to the initial success of our current stock offering, we will move forward with the development of our 25 E-series engineering and test vehicles. This is a big step toward final production.

As always, our fans, supporters, reservation holders and investors are a big part of why we are able to keep moving forward. We are incredibly grateful for your belief in and support of Elio Motors.

You are a vital link in a chain that pulls this company forward. Here’s how that chain has worked recently:

• Initial enthusiasm from grass roots fans helped spur vehicle reservations.
  • The nearly 48,000 reservations have created momentum for our stock sale.
  • The investment from the stock sale will now allow us to embark on the E-series production.
It might not be apparent to you how important you are to Elio Motors’ success. But, it is to me and it is to our team. That’s why, whenever possible, we try to reward our supporters’ loyalty. Our current stock sale is a great example. We entered the “testing the waters” phase back in June and nearly 12,000 people expressed interest. We believed it was important to give these people the first chance to purchase Elio Motors shares.

From Nov. 20 to Dec. 2, we created an exclusive opportunity for this group to invest in Elio Motors. Of course, they came through when we needed them with investment in the company that will enable the E-Series build.

We can’t wait to get started!

But, first, we wanted to share more good news. We are pleased to announce that as of Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 9 a.m. EST, Elio Motors will be actively accepting investments into its limited stock offering from the general public.

If you were thinking about investing before, here’s your chance to act. To take advantage of this opportunity, click here to start the investment purchase process. Sales of stock will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.

In the meantime, thanks again for believing in Elio Motors and helping us in a very meaningful way. Your support is what has fueled our success.

With gratitude
Paul Elio

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the SEC doc.
The following tests are planned for the 25 prototypes,
with some vehicles to be used for multiple tests:

1)
Underhood thermal & HVAC testing – 4 vehicles

2)
Electrical – 12 vehicles

3)
General inspection – all vehicles

4)
Serviceability – 1 vehicle

5)
Powertrain (to include altitude testing, emission certification, engine/transmission
development & calibration, economy and software development & verification) – 9 vehicles

6)
Interior – 4 vehicles

7)
Noise, vibration & harness – 4 vehicles

8)
Steering – 1 vehicle

9)
Ride & handling (to include vehicle turning, objective measurements,
NHTSA Fish Hook, tire wear and electronic stability) – 6 vehicles

10)
Performance (to include engine/transmission shift validation, 0-60 mph, hill climb,
cold temperature start-up and drivability and maximum speed) – 1 vehicle

11)
Fuel systems – 1 vehicle

12)
Brakes – 4 vehicles

13)
Body systems – 12 vehicles

14)
Durability – 7 vehicles

15)
Safety tests – 8 vehicles

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But, first, we wanted to share more good news. We are pleased to announce that as of Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 9 a.m. EST, Elio Motors will be actively accepting investments into its limited stock offering from the general public.
How do they spin this as good news? This means out of 48 million in expressed interest, they didn't manage to sell 25 million worth of stock. Sounds like fail to me.

Or am I reading that wrong?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
How do they spin this as good news? This means out of 48 million in expressed interest, they didn't manage to sell 25 million worth of stock. Sounds like fail to me.

At this point we just don't have enough information. What we know is that they must have sold at least $12.5 million as that was how much they had to sell in order to get any money from this. However as EM has the option of selling up to $30 million in stock during this offering they could be short of the $25 million goal, by a little or a lot, or they just could simply be trying for the full $30 million.

If at the end of this process they only sell up to $25 million then we know they fell short by some amount however if they sell over that amount, up to $30 million, then we may never know what really happened. Just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You're reading it wrong. You've been watching the magician's assistant in the bikini, instead of keeping your eyes on the magician. The testing-the-waters numbers were totally irrelevant once Elio made the decision to go ahead with the Reg A+ offer.

They needed to get $12.6M to stay in business and start on the E's. Everything else was and is, gravy. According to the press release, they hit the minimum requirement. The $48M never was a real figure, and means nothing.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Really? They have enough for the E series build. That alone is marginal success, but certainly not a fail.
I don't have to concede that some people suggested only %50 would be collected. That would still be a win for Elio. We just don't know yet.

OIC you feel if they don't make the actual 25m, it's a fail? You think this was some kind of sports game? The goal is money for the E series. Other measures falling short would just prove I was wrong. Obviously, 'fail' means something different to you than me.

Yes you are reading that wrong.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're reading it wrong. You've been watching the magician's assistant in the bikini, instead of keeping your eyes on the magician. The testing-the-waters numbers were totally irrelevant once Elio made the decision to go ahead with the Reg A+ offer.

They needed to get $12.6M to stay in business and start on the E's. Everything else was and is, gravy. According to the press release, they hit the minimum requirement. The $48M never was a real figure, and means nothing.
Magician? There was a magician? Are you sure?

Top Bottom