• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the best guess at the moment, between June 1st to July 1st. All builds could be done by then, so lets at least expect one E-Series will be done (and used for something) between May1 and July1.

Is it just me, or do you all think that today's Elio News Blog was more about the Super Bowl than the E-Build progress? I'm sure it's just me that's puzzled by the lack of real news updates and having to best guess if they have started building even one of the E-series prototypes and what it will be used for.

If the builds are done by the end of July, that still leaves plenty of time to tool up the plant for the currently on track Q4 2016 production schedule.

I agree. It would be nice to see something like "E series are all about 20% complete. Their frames are all getting the last pieces now" or SOMETHING about physical progress.

It sounds like EM is currently detailing out parts that still need be manufactured for the E builds. They most likely haven't even started the build process which would explain no news to report. A little disappointing.

Reg A+ just closed 4 days ago. You guys are like junkies. You need a fix every couple of days otherwise you start making up crap which you will later claim were promises. Like a bunch of yapping little dogs that won't give it a rest for five minutes.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reg A+ just closed 4 days ago. You guys are like junkies. You need a fix every couple of days otherwise you start making up crap which you will later claim were promises. Like a bunch of yapping little dogs that won't give it a rest for five minutes.
I'm betting that this one won't stay up for very long...
But I'm also betting those quoted will take it all with a good sense of humor.
Personally, myself, call me twisted too, but I'm LMAO. Best one all day. Thanks William.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
4 days, is that all? How long is that in dog years?

I think it's more like big dogs, but no need to praise us WlilliamH.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
reg A closed 4 days ago but back when the P5 was first introduced, they said they were working on all the frames too. Plus, we could see partial frames in a couple of the pictures. So, it hasn't been 4 days, it has been 70+ with not much about the frames. That's the timeframe I was working with but I see the humor in the way you are looking at it.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
reg A closed 4 days ago but back when the P5 was first introduced, they said they were working on all the frames too. Plus, we could see partial frames in a couple of the pictures. So, it hasn't been 4 days, it has been 70+ with not much about the frames. That's the timeframe I was working with but I see the humor in the way you are looking at it.
When was that? I don't recall PE saying anything other than the engineering vehicles would be built basically at the same time on a pilot line and that it would take between four to six weeks.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
90% north American content. I wonder what percent of the parts to build an Elio are off the shelf parts vs. proprietary parts? The proprietary parts may be the hold up and the ability to actually finish an Elio to production standards.

Top Bottom