• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been using Kodi for awhile now I cut netflix because i never used it. Some scammer types sell Chinese android tv boxes with kodi for 200-400+ I had a friend wanting to buy it I told him that its free program.
Those box's are nothing more than quad-core computers with KODI loaded on them. Once I learned that, l loaded the latest version on my dual-core laptop. I haven't looked back since. I bought a ATSC USB digital tuner (which turned my laptop into a DVR) for the local stuff. It's like having the NFL Sunday Ticket and the NBA pass, (just to be current) and any other sporting event you can name! You can binge watch any HBO show (Game of Thrones comes to mind) You can watch movies that haven't made it out of the theaters yet (just have to put up with the Japanese subtitles) Well it's starting to snow here now, I'm going to curl up with the Buff's playing BYU,catch you later.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio 'Momentum' email that went out today, pretty well indicates they are planning the E-series builds right now. The worst case for us is that they have not started any actual fabrication, and won't until after new-years. The best case is that they started on Dec 2 (or before), when the E-Build start was first announced. Paul had stated the first E would take less time than 20weeks. So if we say exactly 20 to accommodate planning, the first E could be ready on April 20th, 2016. If fabrication doesn't start until after Jan 4th, then we're possibly looking at mid-May or later.

PS, I think given EM and everyone else is in Holiday mode, the EO forum is going to be very quiet until next year and anything of note is publicized by EM.

The 'Momentum' letter:
Engine, Investment, E-Series Highlight Major Milestones on Path to Production

What do Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Bentley, and Bugatti have in common with Elio? Besides their great looks and high quality, all of these manufacturers share the same engine developer, IAV. The difference is that Elio owners will get world-class design and performance without a six-figure price tag!

Building an innovative vehicle like the Elio is a bold step. It requires dedication, passion, blood, sweat, and even a few tears. But, it is a whole lot easier when you have the right partners. That’s why we’re fortunate to work with industry icon IAV. The expertise that the IAV team brings to the table takes the uncertainty out of building our own engine from the ground up.

The engine, which we first showed in March, is part of a drumbeat of important milestones this year. The engine also was part of one of perhaps our biggest milestone of the year – the Los Angeles Auto Show debut of the P5 prototype.

Another major step at the LA Show was the announcement that we launched a public stock sale. Access to capital is one of our most important keys to success and current offering has allowed us to lay the groundwork for what will be an important milestone in early 2016. We now have the funds to build our E-Series of engineering and testing vehicles, which is a significant step prior to finalizing our tooling and production plans.

Something we’ve talked about a lot lately is the importance of access to capital. As most of you may know, we have received authorization from the Securities and Exchange Commission under Regulation A+ to launch a $25 million stock offer. You can make an investment here.

All of these efforts – the engine, the fundraising and the E-series – were an important part of the vision that founder and CEO Paul Elio was talking about in an interview at The Motley Fool earlier this year.

Currently, we are going through the process of determining the exact build schedule for the E-Series based on which tests we need to run. As we’ve stated many times in the past, the Elio is engineered to meet the highest safety standards. The upcoming testing is an important step in making this a reality. As we continue to finalize the build schedule and launch the production on the E-Series, we’ll keep you posted right here

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Where is Bend getting all the water for those golf courses? It's idiotic to build golf courses in the high desert! As the song goes, "when will they ever learn? When will the ever learn."

I know that song! Where have all the flowers gone, yes? Kingston Trio? (going on memory here of an 8-track tape of my parents)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This has got to be the furthest topic drift we've ever had; started out as a thread about the E series build and we have gone from golf courses to flok songs and song writers.

Wow; that's really falling off the rails and rolling down the hill :p

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio 'Momentum' email that went out today, pretty well indicates they are planning the E-series builds right now. The worst case for us is that they have not started any actual fabrication, and won't until after new-years. The best case is that they started on Dec 2 (or before), when the E-Build start was first announced. Paul had stated the first E would take less time than 20weeks. So if we say exactly 20 to accommodate planning, the first E could be ready on April 20th, 2016. If fabrication doesn't start until after Jan 4th, then we're possibly looking at mid-May or later.

PS, I think given EM and everyone else is in Holiday mode, the EO forum is going to be very quiet until next year and anything of note is publicized by EM.

The 'Momentum' letter:
Thanks for the info, AriLea although I'm confused- did you say "the first E?" One unit? I thought EM will be building a bunch of these and from what I read at EM's Facebook responses is they will be using robots to expedite the process! The latest Momentum e-mail mentioned that EM now have the funds to move to the E-series build but at only one to test by April of next year, do you honestly think that they can actually start production by year end "provided" EM acquired the "production funding" of 180+ millions? Which also begs the question, is that amount still accurate or they need double or triple that original amount to get it started? I'm behind on my readings so forgive me if this questions has been answered before.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has got to be the furthest topic drift we've ever had; started out as a thread about the E series build and we have gone from golf courses to flok songs and song writers.

Wow; that's really falling off the rails and rolling down the hill :p
It's cause we don't know jack, yet like to talk.

Top Bottom