• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Close, heading south from Seattle, you go through (past) Kelso; Kelso/Longview are exits 32 through 36; to get to Battle Ground, you get off at Exit 11 (so 25 miles south of them) and then go east around 9 miles and you're at the west edge of Battle Ground.
If you what to get a better idea where it's at, open a map program like MapQuest or Google Maps and put in 98604 that will zero in on just East of downtown; zoom out to see where I-5 is and surrounding towns.
My best friend in college grew up in Bend, periodically we'd head down from Olympia on break.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Bend is a great area if you like spending time in the "Great Outdoors"; that's what the entire Bend area is all about.
Last time I was there (about 2 years ago) they had 28 golf courses and we building two others. One of those 2 also had some kind of multi sports complex being built as part of the whole thing; it had a couple of baseball diamonds, a soccer field, plus indoor sports like squash, and racket ball, full locker room, sauna, a massage place, sports rehab, swimming pool, bar, restaurant and anything else sports related, at least that's what the plans shown; don't know if it ever got built or not. And of course winter sports up in Sisters.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the LA auto show I actually had the opportunity for a nice long chat with Brian Critchfield, EM's VP of Digital Marketing, who by the way was enjoying his first time out to a tour event. While he was not allowed to discuss the stock sale very much he was able to tell me that EM's biggest concern with the StartEngine process for testing the waters was that all they had was an email address for each person and no other way to contact them to let them know that the seven day window was now open. He told me that four days, and three notification emails, after the sales window opened they had registered less than half the intended recipients even opening the email let alone clicking though and/or logging in to the StartEngine site. It is too early to know what is really going on however I do have to wonder if was correct to be concerned about this aspect of the deal and if this did indeed play a role if they are indeed short of their goal.
So no one thought to get a contact telephone number? If I was trying to get millions of dollars from folks, I think I could identify other options in addition to email...especially since these folks want to give me millions...

This is not encouraging to me.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone claiming that raising more than $12.6 million in two weeks (one of which being the Thanksgiving holiday) on a platform that has never been used before is a failure is delusional. It's a unreserved success. EM has what they need to complete the E series testing, which is what they set out to accomplish.

Think about how long it took to generate the $48 million in interest ("test the waters" started back in June). I see no reason to believe that they won't secure the full $25 million and for all we know they already have. They may have just opted to extend to $30 million to allow the folks at the LA Auto Show, who didn't have an opportunity to express interest, a chance to participate.

I suggest that we just be patient and we will be informed of the results of this funding round when PE announces it or when the sale of stock is closed. Until then, I think claiming this as a wild success may be premature. Though, based on EM n two at they met their primary goals, I don't see how it could possibly be considered a failure.
well they only gathered the money in two weeks and had much more time to "prepare" folks to get ready to hand money over.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well said!
I am disappointed to....but, NOT in EM, and NOT in all of the "losers" who "didn't think thinks thru" before they pledged. The truth is (at least in my situation) I am one of those losers, too!
Over 4 hundred years ago, poet John Donne, penned the profound phrase, "No man is an island."
Almost every decision we (as individuals) make, affects others. Either to their benefit or their detriment.
I have been unable to fulfill my pledge because the people and businesses that I rely on ( for my income) have been unable to meet their goals & expectations. I do not blame any of them. Because their failures are also for the same reasons!...those whom they rely on where unable to meet their goals.
So, at this time, it is more important for me to invest in areas that "promise" (statistically) a quicker "return on investment." I am still confident that EM needs to succeed. And I am confident (and amazed) by the dogged determination and adaptability of Paul Elio and the EM team!
And for those inclined to brag about their own circumstances (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here) , a sobering reminder for us all,come towards the end of his poem......"and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
Well Paul Simon said he was an island..

just trying to work a bit of humor..

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone who would like to cut the cord,( cable, sat ....) should look very seriously at KODI: http://kodi.tv/about/ That's assuming your ISP is giving you at least 10 Mbps. MY favorite speed test : https://www.battleforthenet.com/internethealthtest/ Merry Xmas

I have been using Kodi for awhile now I cut netflix because i never used it. Some scammer types sell Chinese android tv boxes with kodi for 200-400+ I had a friend wanting to buy it I told him that its free program.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I consider the Internet the mother of all cords. ;) Happy to chop it from time to time and retreat to a cup of Earl Gray and newspaper.:D
John, you persist in being sane and reasonable even in the face of vast temptations towards addictive behaviors like web surfing and this forum! I don't know whether to admire you more or hate you more for that! :)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bend is a great area if you like spending time in the "Great Outdoors"; that's what the entire Bend area is all about.
Last time I was there (about 2 years ago) they had 28 golf courses and we building two others. One of those 2 also had some kind of multi sports complex being built as part of the whole thing; it had a couple of baseball diamonds, a soccer field, plus indoor sports like squash, and racket ball, full locker room, sauna, a massage place, sports rehab, swimming pool, bar, restaurant and anything else sports related, at least that's what the plans shown; don't know if it ever got built or not. And of course winter sports up in Sisters.
Where is Bend getting all the water for those golf courses? It's idiotic to build golf courses in the high desert! As the song goes, "when will they ever learn? When will the ever learn."

Top Bottom