• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I live in-between Baltimore and Harrisburg in York. As a Ravens fan it totally sucks at my end of York County PA (Northeastern) because Comcast can't or won't allow the major networks from Baltimore.

So if I want to see a Ravens game at 1 pm, either the Steelers have to have a bye, 4pm, or night game cause the CBS affiliate in Harrisburg loves the Steelers...

Direct TV was no help unless you get Sunday Ticket. ( grr)
I get the same deal <kind of> I live in SW Washington and all my TV News comes from Portland OR; I can't get a Seattle channel anywhere around here; but when it comes to football, I do get Seahawks games because the only Pro sports teams that Portland has is Basketball and MLS Soccer (oh yeah, Portland Timbers are the MLS Champions.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get the same deal <kind of> I live in SW Washington and all my TV News comes from Portland OR; I can't get a Seattle channel anywhere around here; but when it comes to football, I do get Seahawks games because the only Pro sports teams that Portland has is Basketball and MLS Soccer (oh yeah, Portland Timbers are the MLS Champions.
Come on now, those Huskies are as good as pros. :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh that's right, you're over on the other side.
Nope, 160miles due South of Seattle, still on the wet side, 18 miles North/North East of Portland.
Portland is right on the northern boarder of Oregon; you cross the Columbia River (1.5 miles wide) and you're in Vancouver, Washington.
If you take a map and draw a line from Mount St. Helens to Portland, we're on that line, 18 miles north of Portland, 38 miles South/South West of Mt. St. Helens (I can see the mountain from my house, so if it blows it's top again, I have a front row seat)

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do this one
http://www.speedtest.net
It doesn't need the firewall off; and it's a commercial tester.
You also get a choice of picking any endpoint anywhere in the world to bounce off of.
Run multiples from different points to get true read rather than just a favored endpoint.

That one worked fine. ~31m down and ~23m up. Lot better than those early days with modems.....

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, 160miles due South of Seattle, still on the wet side, 18 miles North/North East of Portland.
Portland is right on the northern boarder of Oregon; you cross the Columbia River (1.5 miles wide) and you're in Vancouver, Washington.
If you take a map and draw a line from Mount St. Helens to Portland, we're on that line, 18 miles north of Portland, 38 miles South/South West of Mt. St. Helens (I can see the mountain from my house, so if it blows it's top again, I have a front row seat)
Like on the way to Kelso?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Like on the way to Kelso?
Close, heading south from Seattle, you go through (past) Kelso; Kelso/Longview are exits 32 through 36; to get to Battle Ground, you get off at Exit 11 (so 25 miles south of them) and then go east around 9 miles and you're at the west edge of Battle Ground.
If you what to get a better idea where it's at, open a map program like MapQuest or Google Maps and put in 98604 that will zero in on just East of downtown; zoom out to see where I-5 is and surrounding towns.

Top Bottom