• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it weren't 7:00 in the morning, I'd risk singing "Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha. What makes Don Quixote more than just a nut is that he represents that part in each of us that has amazing dreams, deep desires to do something special, something good. The Elio lets many of us -- almost all of us on this forum, I suspect -- be Don Quixote for a while. Speaking personally, I've spent a fair amount of my life tilting at windmills and have done a little good in the world that way -- but have gotten pretty thoroughly banged up in the process. The Elio is a safety-caged windmill! I can support it, try to influence its course in positive ways, tell others about it, even communicate with the Masters of the Elio Universe (who occasionally listen, but mostly don't). Thrashing this thing around is the most fun I've had in a long, long time. I'm sure happy this forum is here to make life so interesting!

So let's get those E-cars built -- and hope Elio Motors keeps us in the loop. (As they uncover holes, problems, and smash 'em up in testing, I would be astonished if they made any of that public, but they might, just a bit.)

e
I pay (for some reason) more for my DishTV every year than I did for my Elio reservation, however I have gotten way more hours of entertainment as a result of my reservation.

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

Long live Don Quixote!!

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I pay (for some reason) more for my DishTV every year than I did for my Elio reservation, however I have gotten way more hours of entertainment as a result of my reservation.

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

Long live Don Quixote!!
Everyone who would like to cut the cord,( cable, sat ....) should look very seriously at KODI: http://kodi.tv/about/ That's assuming your ISP is giving you at least 10 Mbps. MY favorite speed test : https://www.battleforthenet.com/internethealthtest/ Merry Xmas

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have no idea how many people pledged under $600. I remember several on this forum alone. $250- $500 was pushing a lot of people's budgets. When you ask someone to pledge an amount they can afford and then change the minimum on them, your going to lose a lot of small investors. Wasn't this the idea in the first place? Small investors!

Then there are people such as us, we had several large expenses we had not planned on in the last 2 months. These were paid with investment money. ( I haven't had to borrow money in years and have no intention to start again.) Now with the renters leaving, our income will be cut by 25%, and we will have to spend thousands to get the place back to a rentable condition. Time to redo the budget.

I realize what our non binding commitment was and would have loved to have stuck with it but I'm not stupid and won't over extend ourselves, just to be a part of something, even though we really do believe in the company.
Unfortunately (for us and Elio) Elio Motors investment money is what was slashed in the new budget.:(

You are totally right. In fact I was one of those. I pledge $500, but it is easier for me to go up $100 than say someone who wanted $250 and was $350 short.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never had cable or satellite TV. Probably never will. I get over 60 channels over the air.
Whereas here in the mountainous PNW, you might be lucky to pick up more than 3.

Not that I really care. Our landlord provides cable as part of our rental, but we use it so rarely that we never even change the channel. Aside from AFV on sunday night, we just don't watch broadcast television anymore.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live in-between Baltimore and Harrisburg in York. As a Ravens fan it totally sucks at my end of York County PA (Northeastern) because Comcast can't or won't allow the major networks from Baltimore.

So if I want to see a Ravens game at 1 pm, either the Steelers have to have a bye, 4pm, or night game cause the CBS affiliate in Harrisburg loves the Steelers...

Direct TV was no help unless you get Sunday Ticket. ( grr)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live in-between Baltimore and Harrisburg in York. As a Ravens fan it totally sucks at my end of York County PA (Northeastern) because Comcast can't or won't allow the major networks from Baltimore.

So if I want to see a Ravens game at 1 pm, either the Steelers have to have a bye, 4pm, or night game cause the CBS affiliate in Harrisburg loves the Steelers...

Direct TV was no help unless you get Sunday Ticket. ( grr)
As an Atlanta Falcons fan in New Mexico (nestled between Broncos and Cowboys territory), tell me about it. I went one week without the NFL package... GRR... ridiculous... But as long as we pay for it, they'll charge for it...

Top Bottom