• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Way too much conversation about something that isn't a big deal. We complain about kids having to have everything their way these days, then I come here and we argue about petty stuff every day.

From looking at each persons age, I can see this is a mature forum. I don't remember going to a showroom floor and telling the salesman that I think the headlights should be here or there, or commenting on the gas cap location. If I didn't like it, I'd go to a different manufacturer, and the same applies here. I notice one person already tried to sell their reservation. Maybe more should join him. I for one like the design, like the thought behind why it's being built, and plan to stay in place and wait patiently for my new Elio, and be happy with a vehicle that was what I signed on for: Low price, High mileage efficiency, small footprint, something different than the masses, and something that wasn't wasteful just driving me to and from work each day.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last 2 vehicles I have had, have had the gas on the right side. Never been an issue. I don't drag the hose around the vehicle, I pull in on that side, right next to the pump.

Yes, but you had to walk around your vehicle to get to the pump. Your healthier for it so....... you win.

I'm more curious what design decision was made at Elio to put it on the R/H side.
We may be surprised.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seriously?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the safest you can get, just the fact you are in a car puts you at best, just less than a 5. All this talk of safety, least of all gas cap placement is so non issue.

When ever you drive, you do so under an assumption of risk.

Based on the level of pettiness in this thread, one can assume that no one drives and if they do they are not practicing what they are preaching. I think I can safely say, no one in this thread bought their car solely on the placement of the gas cap.

If there is a truly safe side to place the cap, you can be sure the Government would have dictated that placement long before now, adding another $K to the cost of your car.

Please keep in mind, there is a difference between voicing ones preference of placement and debating it’s level of safety. JMO

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This topic is stupid....and I can't understand why everyone is getting their horns twisted about something that hey have NO control over. I feel the original person who started this topic does so to see what he can do to screw up a group of members. If you all review other comments this guy has made you will see he loves to stur up the pot. I for one do not find this amusing but rather a useless waist of time. But keep on feeding the TROLL..................

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes grey fox and blackbird we will elect you as sergeant of arms of the tree fort and you can cross your arms and scowl at people you do not like.
Just drop dead why don't ya, better yet just sit on your hands. I don't go around trying to tell everyone how stupid or narrow minded either of you are so why do you think you should discuss me? Many of the posts I have posted are very complimentary of the EE, but instead of look at my whole body of posts, you two are feeble-witted and decide to attack a member of this board, and think that kind of behavior is ok. I have never attacked any fool on this board till you two decide that you should be made social secretary. Just stop being such fools, and if you can't then at least don't post like ones.
Is it really a good feeling to be attacked in a public forum? Now you know. And I did not say one negative thing to you or about you. And I was not speaking poorly about the EE by displaying my desire to have the fuel cap on the driver's side. I may have been passionate about my desire, but I never referred to someone in particular as being anything.
And THIS IS THE TIME TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If it were in production I might in passing state I like the fuel cap to be on the passenger side but it isn't a big deal. But right now they may have another look at the placing of it if I can provide a logical reason to change it before it goes to production. If they have only their own viewpoint of where it should be and why, they might appreciate another perspective. Perhaps they are not as narrow-minded and
petty as either of you and can discuss a topic or idea without reverting to personal attacks.
Do me and yourself a favor...don't read any thread I star, or post I write, and keep your personal attacks to yourselves.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The most common message I have stated over and over on other threads by other people is that I will like this car based on its performance, and not whether I like the colors, or the wheel fenders, or the camback, topics I did not start by the way.
The Elio will be judged by me based solely by performance...but I still want the gas cap on the driver's side. I know in all likelihood no one at Elio is going to change it, and they have their reason for it where it is, but I hope it is more than just the one I have heard, It is cheaper.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way too much conversation about something that isn't a big deal. We complain about kids having to have everything their way these days, then I come here and we argue about petty stuff every day.

From looking at each persons age, I can see this is a mature forum. I don't remember going to a showroom floor and telling the salesman that I think the headlights should be here or there, or commenting on the gas cap location. If I didn't like it, I'd go to a different manufacturer, and the same applies here. I notice one person already tried to sell their reservation. Maybe more should join him. I for one like the design, like the thought behind why it's being built, and plan to stay in place and wait patiently for my new Elio, and be happy with a vehicle that was what I signed on for: Low price, High mileage efficiency, small footprint, something different than the masses, and something that wasn't wasteful just driving me to and from work each day.
Nailed it! I mean I can understand if these little petty stuff are coming from a woman....but from guy/s????? What's going on in this world! All I read are complaints why it's like this, and why it's like that.....appreciate what's being presented to us at a low, low price!;)

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seriously?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the safest you can get, just the fact you are in a car puts you at best, just less than a 5. All this talk of safety, least of all gas cap placement is so non issue.

When ever you drive, you do so under an assumption of risk.

Based on the level of pettiness in this thread, one can assume that no one drives and if they do they are not practicing what they are preaching. I think I can safely say, no one in this thread bought their car solely on the placement of the gas cap.

If there is a truly safe side to place the cap, you can be sure the Government would have dictated that placement long before now, adding another $K to the cost of your car.

Please keep in mind, there is a difference between voicing ones preference of placement and debating it’s level of safety. JMO
++2

Top Bottom