• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nailed it! I mean I can understand if these little petty stuff are coming from a woman....but from guy/s????? What's going on in this world! All I read are complaints why it's like this, and why it's like that.....appreciate what's being presented to us at a low, low price!;)

:eek:I can understand if these little petty stuff are coming from a woman...

If I was standing next to you right now and I saw ZELIO coming , I would be long gone.:rolleyes:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:eek:I can understand if these little petty stuff are coming from a woman...

If I was standing next to you right now and I saw ZELIO coming , I would be long gone.:rolleyes:
Thank you, Craig. LOL I was sitting here wondering how I could deck jetpack54. I guess I will have to forgive him though. After all, he is only a man and can't help himself. LOL :-) Z

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you, Craig. LOL I was sitting here wondering how I could deck jetpack54. I guess I will have to forgive him though. After all, he is only a man and can't help himself. LOL :) Z
My apologies Zelio! I don't see what's wrong with just trusting EM to deliver what they promised! It's a tall order but they are trying their hardest to come up with something special at such a low price! I too have my doubts if it's even possible with all these delays but I learned to count the positives and hopes of us getting our very own ELIO. I'm no expert in car manufacturing but I would assume that the design, design changes including gas cap location are not a one person decision. These stuff are discussed and even argued before it's implemented. If I'm buying a really expensive car, heck I would want it to almost drive by itself! ( automatic centering, detects if you're falling asleep, infrared sensors that see a deer or human from a mile away, auto parallel parking, auto breaking, etc. and all the gizmos you can think of) but the reality is it's a $6,800.00 car! Let this project run it's course and who knows, it may just happen! ;)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My apologies Zelio! I don't see what's wrong with just trusting EM to deliver what they promised! It's a tall order but they are trying their hardest to come up with something special at such a low price! I too have my doubts if it's even possible with all these delays but I learned to count the positives and hopes of us getting our very own ELIO. I'm no expert in car manufacturing but I would assume that the design, design changes including gas cap location are not a one person decision. These stuff are discussed and even argued before it's implemented. If I'm buying a really expensive car, heck I would want it to almost drive by itself! ( automatic centering, detects if you're falling asleep, infrared sensors that see a deer or human from a mile away, auto parallel parking, auto breaking, etc. and all the gizmos you can think of) but the reality is it's a $6,800.00 car! Let this project run it's course and who knows, it may just happen! ;)
You do not need to apologize. Actually I agree with you as far as the nit picking goes. I love this whole idea of Elio. It gives me hope of having something really special to drive next after 14 years of a very good, but boring car. Of course I only learned about Elio in January so I haven't had as long a wait as some on here. Although I think some of the ones with the longest wait are the ones who are the most patient. I am thrilled to be included in the step by step progression of this journey but I don't expect to be spoon fed every tiny detail that has to be considered. The Elio team has the right to work out the details before they let us know what is happening next. Besides, I have learned patience really is a virtue and causes less high blood pressure. So jetpack54, you are good with me. I like men or I wouldn't be on this forum listening to them whine. LOL :-) Z

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There were 196,165,666 licensed drivers in the US in 2004. Assuming each driver gasses up their car once per week (many do more often than that) and there were 2,510 gas station vehicle fires. Of those fires, 48 people were injured and 2 died.

Your odds of being injured in a gas station fire are 1 in 1.7 to the 9th power. Your odds of dying in a gas station fire are 1 in 1.96 to the 10th power.

By comparison, you have a 1 in 1.4 to the 7th power chance of being killed by lightning.

In other words, there is no safety issue, there's only the question of convenience.

Reminds me the problem with "voter fraud".

Top Bottom