• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio announced today that there will no longer be a fuel door on either side. They've switched the power source to semi-solid deuterium, cooled to 13,8 K (-259 °C)

For maximum efficiency, They've decided to switch from an internal combustion engine to a higher technology matter/antimatter reactor instead, utilizing Dilithium crystals. The estimated cost to run this vehicle will be about 200.00 per year, or roughly .54 cents per day, based on daily usage of 125 miles. Refueling will require the reactor bay to be opened, and the deuterium pack switched out, which takes less than 5 minutes.

It is projected that the deuterium power source will last at least three years before it will need to be refueled, and Elio will have a low power warning light that will alert you as to when you'll need to visit the nearest deuterium refueling center. Most will be regionally located with most within the central district of each major city, according to Mr Elio.

We can finally put this thread to rest, yeah !

I think Elio had mentioned Pep Boys.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, there were only 27 deaths attributed to the gas tank issue in the Pinto. Interesting. I guess the controversy comes from the fact that they made a value judgement and decided not to fix it, initially.

Only 27 deaths, but how many irreparably damage egos of teenage boys. I had to drive my mom's lime green w/fake wood stickers on the side Pinto wagon to school the last three months of my sophomore year....never got over it. o_O

Top Bottom