• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AWESOME !
THANK YOU !!

I REALLY appreciate your responses, it gives me a lot of comfort when someone actually communicates ..

what about a referral program ?

I would pay for the business cards, Elio can design the cards and create the referral program !

tshirts and bumper stickers are ok

you (Elio) has 35,000 potential sales people, why not use them to promote the vehicle !

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Years ago my mom drove some kind of Detroit land yacht whose filler spout was located behind a spring loaded rear license plate. Didn't give it much thought until one day, when I was filling it up, a guy drove in behind me too fast, slid on the slick filling station concrete, and rear ended me. Fortunately I wasn't standing back there filling, but the occasion certainly lent itself to deep thought on the nature of design flaws.

Since then I haven't given a damn WHICH side a car's cap is on as long as it is on one or the other and not in back.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Currently left, like a typical driver's seat. I'd love to see that changed though. Easier access the the back seat.

then I can see with the wall braces necessary, it would be better to put the gas fill port on the other side .... I agree with it being more convenient if the shoulder belt connection was on the other side

Jim

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've often wondered for this particular thread if I could actually grab a past post - somewhere deep in the single digits - and just re-post to see how long it'd be before someone would catch on. This is totally the dumbest thread ever, but too much fun to stop. I need a different hobby. Or a drink. Or something.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One word- Corvair. GM put the tank up front I believe on those, just behind the suspension. I really don't know that that made them as dangerous as Ralph N said they were but even being connected in car design with that ill-fated little vehicle might give pause to some. I have a feeling more Pintos caught fire due to accidents than did Corvairs.

First video

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1VSNC_enUS582US582&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=german truck hitting the back of a ford pinto in a movie&oq=german truck hitting the back of a ford pinto in a movie&gs_l=hp.12...0.0.1.241671.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..58.psy-ab..0.0.0.L4MPQenedzs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.80185997,d.cGE&ion=1&biw=1120&bih=767&ech=1&psi=3Ox0VO38OsP9iALep4HoCw.1416948970025.5&ei=3Ox0VO38OsP9iALep4HoCw&emsg=NCSR&noj=1

Last edited:

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've often wondered for this particular thread if I could actually grab a past post - somewhere deep in the single digits - and just re-post to see how long it'd be before someone would catch on. This is totally the dumbest thread ever, but too much fun to stop. I need a different hobby. Or a drink. Or something.

Almost to post #400 - we can't stop now - then on to post #500!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Almost to post #400 - we can't stop now - then on to post #500!

OK, I'll help this worthy group effort .... personally, my preference would be for it to be on the left side but the location of the gas fill port isn't a major importance to me .... what does interest me is EM's statement that locating it on the left will save about $10 per vehicle .... see post 371 & 391 .... there are threads on this forum that I don't find interesting and guess what, I don't follow them .. ;) .. that makes sense to me, putting post in those threads saying folks who are interested are wrong doesn't

Jim

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio announced today that there will no longer be a fuel door on either side. They've switched the power source to semi-solid deuterium, cooled to 13,8 K (-259 °C)

For maximum efficiency, They've decided to switch from an internal combustion engine to a higher technology matter/antimatter reactor instead, utilizing Dilithium crystals. The estimated cost to run this vehicle will be about 200.00 per year, or roughly .54 cents per day, based on daily usage of 125 miles. Refueling will require the reactor bay to be opened, and the deuterium pack switched out, which takes less than 5 minutes.

It is projected that the deuterium power source will last at least three years before it will need to be refueled, and Elio will have a low power warning light that will alert you as to when you'll need to visit the nearest deuterium refueling center. Most will be regionally located with most within the central district of each major city, according to Mr Elio.

We can finally put this thread to rest, yeah !

Top Bottom