• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...Man OG, I'd love to have a Monte Carlo in that condition now!

Oh I'd love it too! One day I was sitting in the driveway revving the engine like a teenage idiot when the timing chain failed in a most unpleasant way. I learned so much with that car. I learned not to rev an engine too high without a load on it and I learned how to rebuild that engine over the course of the summer. I learned what a speeding ticket was - more than once. Oh yeah - I also learned all sorts of wonderful things with my girlfriend in the backseat of that car. :rolleyes: Ahhh...the memories....

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only 27 deaths, but how many irreparably damage egos of teenage boys. I had to drive my mom's lime green w/fake wood stickers on the side Pinto wagon to school the last three months of my sophomore year....never got over it. o_O
That was my Dad's car! It wasn't lime green more towards olive, but with a bit more green. I was in 9th grade at the time and when it came time to drive was given the "second" car to learn on and drive, it was a 1966 Dodge Dart 2 door, a nice dark blue (except where it wasn't). It seems to me he didn't keep the Pinto as long as he usually would, his next car was a burgandy Volare wagon, with the faux wood paneling. I guess he liked the wood look, maybe he wanted a "woody" when he was younger and this was as close as he could get.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW - I feel your pain! That's even worse than the yellow Pinto I had to drive. My buddy was constantly ribbing me about it. He stopped laughing the day his dad brought home a Pacer. :D

When I finally saved up enough to buy my first car it was a used '72 Monte Carlo. Now that was a car! The one pictured here was just like it and if I remember correctly the gas cap was behind the license plate.
57t.jpg

That Is a Beautiful car.

I had a '73, I think, Light Blue, V-8, with dual. It was a dog on the get off, but when you got over 60/70, it really began to preform. It was the Best heavy car I have ever driven in the mountians, would stick to the road and handle like an over sized sports car. I Loved that car. Now, the rest of the story, I lost custidy of it in the big 'D', bought cried. After it was all over, I just dug more Gold out of the Shaft I was left with and bought a Datsun 260Z.
That Z car was the most personable car I ever had, could almost drive its self. It got me home safe many nights from places I shouldn't have been, before Daylight.
'Every car/bike I ever had, was the best car/bike I ever had, when I had it'lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom