• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, remembering my 66 Mustang, how about putting the filler cap under the license plate, right in the center of the rear end? That would suit everyone.
Yikes! No-o-o-o-o-o Please not that. I got more cuts and scrapes from that stupid design on my mother's Cadillac (I hated that stupid car for many reasons and this was definitely one of them). :-) Z

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...I had to drive my mom's lime green w/fake wood stickers on the side Pinto wagon to school the last three months of my sophomore year....never got over it. o_O

WOW - I feel your pain! That's even worse than the yellow Pinto I had to drive. My buddy was constantly ribbing me about it. He stopped laughing the day his dad brought home a Pacer. :D

When I finally saved up enough to buy my first car it was a used '72 Monte Carlo. Now that was a car! The one pictured here was just like it and if I remember correctly the gas cap was behind the license plate.
57t.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW - I feel your pain! That's even worse than the yellow Pinto I had to drive. My buddy was constantly ribbing me about it. He stopped laughing the day his dad brought home a Pacer. :D

When I finally saved up enough to buy my first car it was a used '72 Monte Carlo. Now that was a car! The one pictured here was just like it and if I remember correctly the gas cap was behind the license plate.
57t.jpg

The car I actually paid for when I turned 16yrs old (aka. first car) was a '63 Chevy II. The VERY one my babysitter in SW Denver owned when I was growing up there. It was down hard for tranny issues (and at $1.19 an hour, 50 bucks for a used one took a while). Thus, I drove the green "birth control" car (cool on a 'Cuda, not on a Pinto Wagon.) Man OG, I'd love to have a Monte Carlo in that condition now!

Top Bottom