• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen old cars with lots of miles on them. Cars with the filler on the right, the left, behind the license plate, through the spare tire, behind the tail light, centered above the license plate, inside the trunk, centered in front of the windshield and under the drivers seat. Judging from the number of miles on these old cars the drivers managed to adapt.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
where is the FUEL CELL ?

does the Elio have a plain ole metal tank, or an enclosed protected with a bladder FUEL CELL ??

the TRIHAWK had the Fuel Cell in the BACK of the vehicle, and the fuel cap was on the TOP ON THE REAR !

does the rear swing arm have just ONE side-mounted shock ?

i think the location of the fuel filler cap is dependent on the location/type of FUEL TANK and the CG of the vehicle for stability .

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would bet that in keeping with saving weight and using the best off the shelf items (but staying within the stated budget) it won't be a metal tank.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, I literally laugh out loud everytime this thread gets bumped. .
At least it's not as nasty, on the whole, as the thread on the item in which sits the speedo, gas gauge, etc. (I'm avoiding the one word descriptor so it doesn't get rolling again!) But like Wheaters and others point out, it's puzzling as to the attraction this subject holds.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Research shows that Americans like the gas cap on the left Europeans on the right. It no doubt is related to the side of the steering wheel which is related to the side of the road driven.

Since the Elio is designed as a 'world' class commuter with the steering wheel in the middle......the only 2 things to debate is on which side of the Elio it's single door and gas cap are located.........oh wait 3 things.

Top Bottom