• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL, kind of like finding the hood release on a Suzuki Sidekick or Geo Tracker! :confused: ;)

PS. in the glove box! :rolleyes:

as well as with the door release for getting to the gas cap on first VW Beetle I drove .... as a side note: a flat blade screw driver can be used to over come the door's lock but it sure complicates keeping it closed thereafter ..:eek:

Jim

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Test Drive in 84 Fiero. Needs gas, salesman was a good friend(college buddy) and we had to call back to the dealership to find out how to get the stupid cover open! Did mention we met in engineer school :) The car had no manual as it had been picked up at the show, they called Pontiac regional service and we waited 1/2 hour while they found someone who knew where they hid the lever!
As far as Elio, I don't care where they put it, it only costs 6800$ and gets 84MPG :)

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in '56 and '57 Chevy. you better read the manual or you may not find it.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
I remember helping my dad put gas in the 57 belair.... Oh what memories. I had a Renault R-10 and the first time I needed to gas it, it took me 15 minutes to find the port, it was a steel tube eight inches above the engine. I got nervous every time I filled it. Since that car I have never complained about a filler port and always know where it is before I pay for it....

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The gas cap looks to be on the right side... a day from traffic. Who runs out of gas any more? There is usually a gauge that tells you your fuel level. They aren't hard to figure out but I'm sure you could take a class or something about them if you need. Kidding, of course. Imagine filling up while your significant other is asleep in the rear.... in the VERY unlikely event that a fire.starts at the pump, would you rather have the only door in the car on fire or the side opposite the only door. I, for one, am not sure I could drag my wife out through the trunk.
100 % agreement. I've dragged quite a few people out of car trunks and never experienced problems.

Top Bottom