• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price Discussion, $6800?

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New kid on block as just discovered Elio Nov 19th and all in next day but a few points:

$6800 was first thing I was aware of due to a link title. I am ending lease Oct 2015 of my 2012 Nissan Maxima and planned to downsize to Versa due to price and my new retirement status (giving up 60 % income). $12,500 - $6800 or whatever = a big ol sweet savings!

Looks: you guys are arguing over a few hundred bucks for a car that looks like Elio?WHAHAAha!

MPG 84 uh what? Show any car that gets within 25 and looks anything like Elio.

Prestige or like it really is ego: I got looks with my 1998 Lincoln Town Car, my 2006 Pontiac Solstice convertible, my Maxima and my 26 foot 120 MPH speedboat yet I expect to get even more looks/comments with my Elio. Of course, I realize I am the only one that wants that feeling.

$1,000 up front is small risk (actually $750 as I get $250 off; just missed $500 ended Sept) for this package. I am sure there has been some stress for those getting in last year but not many because only about 13000 has opted for all in.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the goal should be to get the damn thing into production !
ANYTHING each one of the 36,000 depositors can do to achieve that goal, I feel, is warranted.
I never heard of the Elio until September ? And I have owned and built and driven three wheelers for over 15 years ! it just never came over my electrons

referral program to help get the ElioMobile into production AND to reward those people who are so motivated to spread their enthusiasm

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Eliomobile sells itself........along with the help of Chip Stempeck, VP of Marketing. Chip has been around since the very beginning. Go Chip!

When you are driving your Elio........you will be selling the Elio. No referral program needed. That's a car dealer
marketing strategy.........as they work on higher margins and inflated 'Dealer Prep' charges.

that theory is fine once you are DRIVING your ElioMobile…
so should we wait till Dec 31, 2015 to think about a referral program to help get those big wheels (robots) moving ??

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the new version of the Elio website, there's a section on "The $6,800 price tag. How did we pull it off?". The answers given are really excellent. I'm quoting here because it's such a great answer to an often-asked question. Bravo!

We did it with the big stuff, like:

• Re-engineering proven technology for maximum engine efficiency.

• Employing the lightest and strongest materials into a bodyframe designed to keep the excess factor to absolute zero.

We did it in the small stuff, like:

• Strategic placement of the hood latches, and even redesigning the washer fluid bottle. Yes, the washer fluid bottle.

Building a low-cost vehicle doesn’t come from one single solution. For Elio Motors, it is a variety of engineering and business decisions, both big and small, that add up to significant cost savings.

Less “Stuff” = Less Cost

• Three wheels cost less than four. Two seats cost less than five. One door is less than two or four…and so on.

• The vehicle weighs just 1,228 pounds (most entry-level vehicles weigh approximately 2,400 lbs)

• 1,228 pounds of material costs less than 2,400 pounds of material.

Nothing is Too Small for Engineering Innovation

A traditional hood opens forward, requiring two latches. If the first latch fails, the second latch keeps the hood from popping up and blocking the driver’s sight line. But, a second latch means more equipment and adds more than $20.00 to vehicle cost. On an Elio, the hood is engineered to open the other way. If the latch fails, the wind will blow the hood down rather than up, so a redundant latch is not required. The Elio latch costs just $3.00. Hundreds of these cost-saving designs add up to … or more accurately, it adds down… to $6.800.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the new version of the Elio website, there's a section on "The $6,800 price tag. How did we pull it off?". The answers given are really excellent. I'm quoting here because it's such a great answer to an often-asked question. Bravo!

We did it with the big stuff, like:

• Re-engineering proven technology for maximum engine efficiency.

• Employing the lightest and strongest materials into a bodyframe designed to keep the excess factor to absolute zero.

We did it in the small stuff, like:

• Strategic placement of the hood latches, and even redesigning the washer fluid bottle. Yes, the washer fluid bottle.

Building a low-cost vehicle doesn’t come from one single solution. For Elio Motors, it is a variety of engineering and business decisions, both big and small, that add up to significant cost savings.

Less “Stuff” = Less Cost

• Three wheels cost less than four. Two seats cost less than five. One door is less than two or four…and so on.

• The vehicle weighs just 1,228 pounds (most entry-level vehicles weigh approximately 2,400 lbs)

• 1,228 pounds of material costs less than 2,400 pounds of material.

Nothing is Too Small for Engineering Innovation

A traditional hood opens forward, requiring two latches. If the first latch fails, the second latch keeps the hood from popping up and blocking the driver’s sight line. But, a second latch means more equipment and adds more than $20.00 to vehicle cost. On an Elio, the hood is engineered to open the other way. If the latch fails, the wind will blow the hood down rather than up, so a redundant latch is not required. The Elio latch costs just $3.00. Hundreds of these cost-saving designs add up to … or more accurately, it adds down… to $6.800.

I agree! That beautifully says it all. Thanks for posting it. :-) Z

Top Bottom