• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price Discussion, $6800?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quote:

if every person who put down a deposit was given a referral kickback, think how many more reservations there could be ? End quote

I absolutely do not agree with this. I actually had a young woman ask me if I was selling Elios because I was so enthusiastic. I said no, I very simplly love the Elio and provided her with a business card size promotional card about the Elio. Who is she going to believe, the person who gets a reward for promoting the Elio or the person who promotes the Elio out of sincere belief in the product and love of the Elio. You young people are all alike. You constantly want rewards for doing things you should be doing from the love in your heart. Nothing like a little greed to get you going is there. o_O :-) Z

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tell you ,when we start getting these cars on the road they will sell themselves. People that like the look will be drawn to them and want it. All you will have to do is let them look at it and tell them how much it cost. I wouldn't mind getting a referral but Elio probably doesn't need to because of what it has.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There exists those who feel the need to revisit past debacles, in order to add credence to their inability to find anything intelligent or witty to contribute to someone else's current success. They usually do it with excessive capitalization, lists of useless suggestions, and the sheer size of the diatribe. They inject inane ideas into productive dialogue, hoping against hope that this to, will fail miserably, so they can feel relevant. :rolleyes:

God I hope I'm not like that, but I digress....:confused:................;)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There exists those who feel the need to revisit past debacles, in order to add credence to their inability to find anything intelligent or witty to contribute to someone else's current success. They usually do it with excessive capitalization, lists of useless suggestions, and the sheer size of the diatribe. They inject inane ideas into productive dialogue, hoping against hope that this to, will fail miserably, so they can feel relevant. :rolleyes:

God I hope I'm not like that, but I digress....:confused:................;)
You are on a roll today! LOL :-) Z

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would expect these "guys"

the creators inventors financials etc

they have spent hundreds of hours PREDICTING ..

"IF we get this many all-in deposits" …

if we raise the price ….

etc

etc

etc"

how many will back out

how many will bitch and complain but still pay …

having had the "36,000 reservations" as collateral to help secure financing …

REMEMBER THESE GUYS ARE ALL OUT OF THE SAME INDUSTRY AS GENERAL MOTORS, FORD, ETC

they do cost analysis on EVERYTHING !

they probably have conference calls every morning to discuss..

"the numbers"

WE , as consumers, get EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED !!

they know that

they play with that

they USE THAT !

THIS IS BUSINESS !

i would suspect somewhere there are plans for an IPO

maybe a buyout from one of the BIG guys ?

maybe a buyout from a CHINEESE COMPANY ???

we all project ourselves driving around with big smiles feeling good in our new little

ELIOMOBILE

all those "cute colors"

this is all about the NUMBERS !!!

cost to build

price to sell

profit

etc etc etc

i would suspect there are very few people who have made deposits who are stuck sitting on their couch waiting for their ElioMobile !

just another story of American CONSUMERISM !!

like it
want it
need it
deserve it
gotts have it

1. see it on some advertising and the hook is ready to be set

2. hook is set and we decide how we want this item

3. convince ourselves we DESERVE this new item in our lives, how HAPPY we will be !

4. GOTTA HAVE IT !! sell blood sell body parts get that second job so we can buy it to drive to work to let it sit in the parking lot depreciating while we work that extra job to pay for it !!

5. served its purpose, another item comes along …back to phase one …see some new item being advertised ...

have not ever had a drink yet to start the weekend !!

jeepers !:)
I have to agree with you on the whole, except for the "darkness" of it. To be sure there are plenty of manufacturers out there wanting to make stuff just so we can buy them and so that they make money (lots of it), the problem is that clumping all products into that steaming pile is a disservice to those individuals/companies wanting to make something that may be of real service to us all. Of course you need all the information you can get your hands on as a manufacturer and you have to get your name out there to make sure the product is seen and it's value recognized. The system needs to be worked in order for it to work, regardless of the product. I wouldn't have put my "all in money" on the table unless PE had taken these steps. Like it or not, it's the system and it works. I'm buying mine because it's the right product (with all it's benefits) at the right time, not because it's the latest eco gadget. In my world, very little gets bought that doesn't have a purpose.

Top Bottom