• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you had the information readily at hand and could have posted it at any time, yet you enjoyed baiting me along?

That is the very definition of trolling. Shameful behavior for a moderator of a site, no less.

Please share this evidence with the group.

I just gave you the rope and the platform, you were kind enough to put it around your neck and jump. :D

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No one jumped. My comments are still valid. Haven't seen boo for proof. I'm sorry, please dumb it down for poor little me: show me a direct link. I don't have time time for your 'fun' games.

I want Elio to succeed. Trolling bigshots like you don't exactly help their cause.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, we watch, been watching for almost a year, the project (2008) is now and will be 6- 7 years by the time one elio rolls off the assembly line for a retail purchaser. Time is our new enemy..time cost money!
What about the folks who put down $100 refundable or the $100 all in. I worry about those people, they have nothing to really lose. In 15 months when they get their e-mail and EM says time to make a decision and here is the options list, and it adds up to 20%-30% more than the $6800..then what?
When EM makes its option list public (late 3rd quarter?) and people pick what they want and see their real cost of their Elio..will they say ok or will hey say forget about it...I want my money back for some and say it Is only a $100 bucks. What kind of mess will that be...people dropping out and people moving up the lists.
Are we being unreasonable to say, hurry the hell up, get some 5-6 more prototypes out there so the public can sit in them..don't care if it had a geo motor in it or not...but put a sense of real urgency in it EM. Do you not think other manufacturers are watching Elio Motors and they have all the parts necessary to build one in 4-5 months.
That is my concern, money and the real possibility of some one else doing a new trike with two people in front and one in the back or one in front and two in the back and maybe a rear passenger door...75mpg, 4 star crash rating and all for $11,999. Want to bet that vehicle is on some ones drawing board right now..or even built in a skunk garage by a few engineers..from Toyota or Hyundai...see nissans bladeglider, just saying of course.
Time for some straight talk about these possibilities..go, go, go...elio!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When it Does take off, this vehicle will have the effect on both its owners and the entire economy in general. I've categorized it as a luxury touring bike that can be driven by anybody, in any weather. Entire businesses being invented around this thing. This could be BIG.

AMEN BROTHER! I have talked with many "older" or disabled goldwing riders who, willingly paid around $15K to have a trike kit added to their already $20K (or more) bike ! ! ! But they are still limited by the weather, NOT that safe in a "panic" situation, and get poorer MPG's. The Elio MAKES SENSE!
I also read a statistic recently, that addressed the reluctance of the young, to even OWN a car, or even get a LICENSE! They don't want the cost of ownership, and are intimidated by the possibility/ responsibility, of killing someone in an accident...The Elio could be far less scary to own & operate...for some...maybe(?).
And, Businesses built around it?...Definitely! I know that when a new vehicle is "debuted" (Is that even a word? :confused:) at the SEMA shows, SEMA members/aftermarket manufacturers, can reserve a time slot...in order to measure, photograph, make tracings, and patterns, so they can start making PROTOTYPES for their LINE of products. Instead of "Golwing Rallys" We will be having "Elio Rallys", And Vendors will be there to "promote and install" anything that can be imagined! :cool:
GO ELIO!

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
No one jumped. My comments are still valid. Haven't seen boo for proof. I'm sorry, please dumb it down for poor little me: show me a direct link. I don't have time time for your 'fun' games.

I want Elio to succeed. Trolling bigshots like you don't exactly help their cause.

I have posted a screen shot of a web conference town hall taking place with several community members and Paul Elio himself top and center if that is not proof of that these town halls do occur I don't know what is. I was not trolling just calling you out as you were so sure that the town hall story was false that you started making accusations without having facts to back up your accusations. Had you merely done like others and requested some evidence to back what was being said you would not have stood out. As I just wrote to Brian, whose post I was originally replying to when you jumped in, I do not mind people questioning what is being said at all but my issue is with people being obnoxious about it. Making baseless accusations before giving others the chance to back up their claims counts in my book as being obnoxious.

As a reminder of how this started you can reread my original reply to Brain and your response when you flat out called what I said 'not credible' when in fact what I said was fully credible and I could back it up with evidence which I would have provided if your merely asked nicely instead of making a fool of yourself with a statement which only proves that the one who was not credible was you.

I agree with not blowing smoke so if you don't know the answer to a question please be honest about it. It is also very true that the answer to many questions is either 'we don't know' or 'we have to wait and see'. At the same time not everything people say is made up, even if it can't be verified via public information, as in a group of enthusiasts some people will find ways to get more information than what is publicly available.

It is a fact that there have been select individuals in this community who have been invited to conference calls with Elio Motors as EM does sometimes want to get direct feedback from us and as a result these member also receive the opportunity to ask questions directly to people higher up the food chain than we normally would have a chance to speak with including Paul Elio himself. There are also members who have developed contacts within Elio Motors or their suppliers who can sometimes provide better insight into this process.
I find it incredible that random, nameless, faceless internet people have an inside line to Paul Elio.
By incredible, I mean NOT credible.

Give me a break.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about the folks who put down $100 refundable or the $100 all in. I worry about those people, they have nothing to really lose.

Actually, those folks have the most to gain with the smallest risk.;)

Sure, there will be some folks that will back out. (Even some that put $1000 down.) Stuff happens. Circumstances change. Life goes on.

First year production will probably be around 40,000 autocycles. For quite some time, the units will be going to the most enthusiastic owners possible. The groundswell of interest at that point will propel Elio Motors.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, we watch, been watching for almost a year, the project (2008) is now and will be 6- 7 years by the time one elio rolls off the assembly line for a retail purchaser. Time is our new enemy..time cost money!
What about the folks who put down $100 refundable or the $100 all in. I worry about those people, they have nothing to really lose. In 15 months when they get their e-mail and EM says time to make a decision and here is the options list, and it adds up to 20%-30% more than the $6800..then what?
When EM makes its option list public (late 3rd quarter?) and people pick what they want and see their real cost of their Elio..will they say ok or will hey say forget about it...I want my money back for some and say it Is only a $100 bucks. What kind of mess will that be...people dropping out and people moving up the lists.
Are we being unreasonable to say, hurry the hell up, get some 5-6 more prototypes out there so the public can sit in them..don't care if it had a geo motor in it or not...but put a sense of real urgency in it EM. Do you not think other manufacturers are watching Elio Motors and they have all the parts necessary to build one in 4-5 months.
That is my concern, money and the real possibility of some one else doing a new trike with two people in front and one in the back or one in front and two in the back and maybe a rear passenger door...75mpg, 4 star crash rating and all for $11,999. Want to bet that vehicle is on some ones drawing board right now..or even built in a skunk garage by a few engineers..from Toyota or Hyundai...see nissans bladeglider, just saying of course.
Time for some straight talk about these possibilities..go, go, go...elio!
I have been waiting and watching for three wheeler concepts from new startup companies to established big auto companies BMW, Toyota, Nissan, to mention a few going on 10 years......all vaporware concepts from vehicle designers having some creative fun with no intention of moving these to production. Even if they had a concept waiting in the wings it would take them 2-3 years to ramp up for production. Time isn't our enemy from a competition standpoint. Time would be our enemy if Elio's goal was to rush it to production before it's tested and ready. We need to appreciate that philosophy.......as it's unusual today. Go Elio! at whatever speed meets your goal to insure owners a successful and reliable vehicle.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've said it before and it is worth repeating. While yes I am very disappointed about the most recent delay, I have to keep reminding myself that this is more than just getting a car out from concept to production. It takes the big companies often several years to do that. Elio is not only trying to produce a car, they are building a comapany and infostructure from the ground up. Not an easy task at all. Delays should be expected. Creating partnerships, distribution lines, sales centers, etc. I give Paul and the company credit and a lot of benefit of the doubt.

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly, Neal. However, money does talk. Maybe extra capital can grease a few wheels. Three wheels, to be precise. :p

Easiest solution of all though is just to up-sale to Elio to anyone willing to listen. (I'm only $100 in, but I saved a picture of the P4 to my phone to show anyone I hear talking about cars, complaining about the bus system, or otherwise looking at the car market.) The more hype/reservations we can generate, the easier it will be for this fledgling company to fly. So, let's all agree to start putting those t-shirts and bumper stickers to work! Go, Elio!

Top Bottom