• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
AMEN BROTHER! I have talked with many "older" or disabled goldwing riders who, willingly paid around $15K to have a trike kit added to their already $20K (or more) bike ! ! ! But they are still limited by the weather, NOT that safe in a "panic" situation, and get poorer MPG's. The Elio MAKES SENSE!
I also read a statistic recently, that addressed the reluctance of the young, to even OWN a car, or even get a LICENSE! They don't want the cost of ownership, and are intimidated by the possibility/ responsibility, of killing someone in an accident...The Elio could be far less scary to own & operate...for some...maybe(?).
And, Businesses built around it?...Definitely! I know that when a new vehicle is "debuted" (Is that even a word? :confused:) at the SEMA shows, SEMA members/aftermarket manufacturers, can reserve a time slot...in order to measure, photograph, make tracings, and patterns, so they can start making PROTOTYPES for their LINE of products. Instead of "Golwing Rallys" We will be having "Elio Rallys", And Vendors will be there to "promote and install" anything that can be imagined! :cool:
GO ELIO!
Elio Rallies. OMG ! No doubt about that. With a car,(Side-by-side seating, 4wheels and likely 4 doors) the expenses and responsibilities that accompany such a purchase can be daunting. At the risk of being repetitive here, an Elio is going to be seen as a "personal mobility vehicle" that will be capable of freeway speeds and the ability to do so from state line to state line at any time of the year. Ownership, or at least access to such a vehicle, is likely to have a profoundly positive effect. Trust in God, but keep bailing.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've said it before and it is worth repeating. While yes I am very disappointed about the most recent delay, I have to keep reminding myself that this is more than just getting a car out from concept to production. It takes the big companies often several years to do that. Elio is not only trying to produce a car, they are building a comapany and infostructure from the ground up. Not an easy task at all. Delays should be expected. Creating partnerships, distribution lines, sales centers, etc. I give Paul and the company credit and a lot of benefit of the doubt.
My patience is thin, BUT I am used to a "new line" coming from an already established company. Totally different than a total upstart of a completely new company.

Triggs

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here's like to Google Maps imagery of Technosports, Inc (the company making the prototypes):

https://goo.gl/maps/c67Sc

Not seeing a fenced in area, or an alley for that matter. It could be a different facility, but they don't seem like that large of a company, and they only list one address on their website.
Hang in there Deb the bantering is kind of a fun read.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 1143 Just an Idea here but I would like to think there is a "sixth star" not being accounted for in the safety rating system. I remain convinced that those here now considering the purchase of an Elio are far far safer drivers than most on the streets today and that would be the sixth star if it could be validated with a motor vehicle record or something. I would hope that perhaps a club of accident free members could be started would be based on a provable driving record. Or at least a membership with the best accident rate of any other vehicle type in America. Sure a blowout or a bridge collapse or perhaps a 150 mile per hour drunk crossing the median would be unavoidable. That fact is what I'm contending that we Elio fans are a sixth star to any well made 3 wheeled vehicle. Maybe even a patch or decal for every accident free year on record. Am I dreamin or what?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming. The bigger the dream the better. LOL :-) Z

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have posted a screen shot of a web conference town hall taking place with several community members and Paul Elio himself top and center if that is not proof of that these town halls do occur I don't know what is. I was not trolling just calling you out as you were so sure that the town hall story was false that you started making accusations without having facts to back up your accusations. Had you merely done like others and requested some evidence to back what was being said you would not have stood out. As I just wrote to Brian, whose post I was originally replying to when you jumped in, I do not mind people questioning what is being said at all but my issue is with people being obnoxious about it. Making baseless accusations before giving others the chance to back up their claims counts in my book as being obnoxious.

As a reminder of how this started you can reread my original reply to Brain and your response when you flat out called what I said 'not credible' when in fact what I said was fully credible and I could back it up with evidence which I would have provided if your merely asked nicely instead of making a fool of yourself with a statement which only proves that the one who was not credible was you.

Help a guy out, here. I looked through the thread yesterday and saw no screenshots.

A search of 'call' by 'goofyone' only brought up 16 posts, most of them here in this thread. None contain screenshots. Forum format is quite different from my usual haunts, do me a flavor and point me to it, please?

Edit: I did another manual 'monkey search' and found it. Guess you were still editing the post last night when I looked, because it wasn't there at that time.

Okay, so this conference call proves what? That Paul ran a sales pitch via GotoMeeting...is what it looks like.

I'm sorry. I don't want to fight with anyone. Thought it was a bit childish of you to bait me, but I'm over it. I just think if a group of people ONLY listen to the echo chamber and shout down the dissenters, then rational and productive debate suffers.

I have posted constructive content and some opinion. Excuse me for wanting a little proof when someone makes a wild claim (still unsubstantiated, in my opinion).

In my opinion, Elio is on the brink--o either total failure or raging sucess, lOL!

It would behoove them to pull back the curtain and expose the Wizard of Oz. I'm in the middle of 2 challenging product launches myself ( 1 technology transfer and 1 new product/category launch). I know the challenges.

I just get really irked to see nothing but fluff, excuses, and unexplained delays (or BS reasons.) We KNOW it's the money--so come clean!! FIGHT for our hearts and souls instead of blowing smoke and playing tricks. We WANT to believe in Elio. Stop lying!!

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Help a guy out, here. I looked through the thread yesterday and saw no screenshots.

A search of 'call' by 'goofyone' only brought up 16 posts, most of them here. None contain screenshots. Forum format is quite different from my usual haunts, do me a flavor and point me to it, please?
Goofyone, I also did not get the screenshots. Only http://was displayed. Since I really don't need this verification I wasn't worried about it. I don't know what Snick is using but I am on an iPad. I have not checked my old iMac to see if it is there. :-) Z

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully it works better now:
0IrN3FM.jpg

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Rallies. OMG ! No doubt about that. With a car,(Side-by-side seating, 4wheels and likely 4 doors) the expenses and responsibilities that accompany such a purchase can be daunting. At the risk of being repetitive here, an Elio is going to be seen as a "personal mobility vehicle" that will be capable of freeway speeds and the ability to do so from state line to state line at any time of the year. Ownership, or at least access to such a vehicle, is likely to have a profoundly positive effect. Trust in God, but keep bailing.

I imagine the rallies would be similar to the "Homecomings" (I think they were called) that Saturn owners had. Really kind of bizarre phenomenon when you think about it.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I imagine the rallies would be similar to the "Homecomings" (I think they were called) that Saturn owners had. Really kind of bizarre phenomenon when you think about it.

I agree that a rally for Saturns would be bizzare, but there are rally's for european scooters, Shasta trailers, teardrop trailers, etc...........Ok, they are bizzare phenomenon too!

Top Bottom