• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In 2010 they had it down to $5,500.00, MPG went from 66 to 83MPG and then they went and added the cost of AC and the power windows, another $495. I say make AC an option to keep down the base price. In Ohio I use the one in my Cav the 5 or 6 days a year it gets into the low 90s. Hell, bring back the little window wings they had back in the day. JMO:)
9DixonVentWindow.jpg
My parents had a 1972 Plymouth Valiant, 4 door, slant-6. These windows were LIFESAVERS in the heat of the summer!!

They also had the little floor vent, next to the feet you could open/close for air.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is only person in this conversation who is being absurd (Martian Ambassador?) and not credible and that is you. The fact of the matter is that I jumped into this conversation to clear this issue up knowing that I could back up everything I said yet you continued responding and claiming this information could not be credible and was completely absurd even though you knew you had no way to back up anything you were saying. As a moderator on this forum I don't often drag things out this long or call members out directly however I have actually kept this conversation going longer than I should have as you have unwittingly proven to be a great example of the exact point of this conversation which is someone who continues speaking about a subject without having any facts to back them up.

I can prove what I have said because I have GoToMeeting screenshots of a town hall with Paul Elio himself. I believe this has already been posted elsewhere on the forum however as this happened just before you joined you likely did not read about it.

uc?export=view&id=0Bxh8JmkBAL7wRlVETHJvTWlXbFk.jpg
And do these town hall meetings happen via invites from Elio Motors, or can we just happen on them? I am only asking, as I would actually like to sit in on one. Virtually, of course.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My parents had a 1972 Plymouth Valiant, 4 door, slant-6. These windows were LIFESAVERS in the heat of the summer!!

They also had the little floor vent, next to the feet you could open/close for air.
All yea, I forgot about those. Some worked with a cable and some you had to open by hand.:)

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't find out if the elio comes standard with tinted glass...should be standard with a/c...and it seems like if the insurance companies create a new autocycle category, then the elio would fit some where in between...less than a car and more than a motorcycle...same with all vehicle fees too..and alsa.com has some new wraps and remember, the elio is half a car...price should be reasonable.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't find out if the elio comes standard with tinted glass...should be standard with a/c...and it seems like if the insurance companies create a new autocycle category, then the elio would fit some where in between...less than a car and more than a motorcycle...same with all vehicle fees too..and alsa.com has some new wraps and remember, the elio is half a car...price should be reasonable.
Window tint laws vary by state and are quite irritating to those of us who move... of course, those apply to cars and trucks...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where you got this info as while NASCAR has rules they don't certify anything, not even the cars that participate in their races. Despite the absurd price tag that comes with the Tango if you're in one and someone hits you at 200MPH it's going to be a closed casket funeral.
Perhaps I should have said meets or exceeds FIA race car regulation not certification.
image.jpg

I would feel safer in the Tango than a typical SUV. It's the slower speed collisions I worry most about. Perhaps the Tango moves quick enough to avoid potential collisions and makes me smile with it's clown car styling, outrageous torque, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, and top speed 150 MPH.

I hope the Elio meets their anticipated 5 Star Safety goal.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
And do these town hall meetings happen via invites from Elio Motors, or can we just happen on them? I am only asking, as I would actually like to sit in on one. Virtually, of course.

There are a lot of people who i am sure would love to join in so who knows over time Elio Motors may open these discussions up to a wider audience. As far as I know these virtual meetings have been by invitation only and the invitations have been given out to a number of people active in the various online Elio communities. Elio Motors representatives do regularly read, and as such are aware of, what is being discussed on here and other Elio forums.

Top Bottom