• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Ask About Interior Noise?

Durk Jenkins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was wondering how EM is going to keep interior noise down. I have used a material used for roof flashing in my full size van, works great. Similar to dynamat but a lot less money. Once it sticks on almost impossible to remove. It has foil on one side and adhesive on the other anout1/8 inch thick.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering how EM is going to keep interior noise down. I have used a material used for roof flashing in my full size van, works great. Similar to dynamat but a lot less money. Once it sticks on almost impossible to remove. It has foil on one side and adhesive on the other anout1/8 inch thick.

Hmmm....Get any strange odors using that when it's hot outside? I'm assuming it's asphalt-based. I do like the idea though.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How much does a roll of it weigh?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I've seen people using it as a cheap form of Dynamat and other similar products. Elio is small shouldn't take much product to insulate if its too loud

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm....Get any strange odors using that when it's hot outside? I'm assuming it's asphalt-based. I do like the idea though.
I have used the same thing as Durk Jenkins has used, but on the underside of the engine cover in my 1961 Corvair station wagon. The heat of the engine is directly below it, I have gone a complete summer with it on, and I live in the desert of southern California. So far I have never noticed any odors.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have used the same thing as Durk Jenkins has used, but on the underside of the engine cover in my 1961 Corvair station wagon. The heat of the engine is directly below it, I have gone a complete summer with it on, and I live in the desert of southern California. So far I have never noticed any odors.

First off, very cool car Pistonboy! Always dug Corvairs (Dad had a Monza when I was a kid). Now I 'believe' their intake air is ducted from outside the passenger compartment, but after you shut down the engine, all the heat would definitely put my concerns about fumes to the test. No way there'd be that kind of heat in the passenger compartment of an Elio. Sounds like a pretty good recommendation. Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom