• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Ask About Interior Noise?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not what I was expecting ... for sound deadening I had it pictured as having a thicker foam layer

He mentioned it was a lot like Dynamat, which is only .063" thick [according to Eastwood] and foil backed. I just went to the roof flashing section of Lowe's website...closest thing I could find that looked similar. Need to wait for the original poster to set me straight. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He mentioned it was a lot like Dynamat, which is only .063" thick [according to Eastwood] and foil backed. I just went to the roof flashing section of Lowe's website...closest thing I could find that looked similar. Need to wait for the original poster to set me straight. :)

10-4 ... if it works, it shouldn't add much weight and would be simple enough to install on the underside of the hood or firewall

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of the Dynamat installs I've seen involved pulling all the interior bits (carpet, door panels, seats, etc...) to expose the bare metal. Then they lay it in there and use a small wooden roller to flatten it out and make sure there's good adhesion. It's so thin that it doesn't interfere with anything getting reinstalled. Not sure how affective it is, but it does get good reviews.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they have stated (and it makes sense to me) that having the front tires outside of the body of vehicle provides considerable sound reduction
Certainly hope that they are correct about that. Or would be pleased to learn that as one of the "options offered," they would offer ADDIONAL sound proofing to ALL OF THE PANELS on the Elio. Nothing more annoying than to NOT be able to communicate comfortably with your passenger. o_O

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Certainly hope that they are correct about that. Or would be pleased to learn that as one of the "options offered," they would offer ADDIONAL sound proofing to ALL OF THE PANELS on the Elio. Nothing more annoying than to NOT be able to communicate comfortably with your passenger. o_O

understood .... the reality is, most everything about an Elio is a compromise between cost and function .... with them reporting being around $500 over their target price, I'm not looking for them to spend any more than they have to on things not directly related to the operation of the vehicle

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
understood .... the reality is, most everything about an Elio is a compromise between cost and function .... with them reporting being around $500 over their target price, I'm not looking for them to spend any more than they have to on things not directly related to the operation of the vehicle
Oh, I completely understand and agree with your assessment, JEBar, but I'm just saying that where the final price falls out; I for one, would personally be THRILLED & HAPPY to pay the extra to have additional sound proofing offered as an option.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, I completely understand and agree with your assessment, JEBar, but I'm just saying that where the final price falls out; I for one, would personally be THRILLED & HAPPY to pay the extra to have additional sound proofing offered as an option.

understood .... one of the advantages of having a high reservation number is we will have time to read reports from folks who have and are using their Elio .... real world info should help us with option selection and in some cases, a search for aftermarket solutions

Top Bottom