• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks...gonna take a lot more than 100,000 elios to pay for 1500 workers at $20-$25 an hour with benefits.
1500 x 17 an hour...25,500 per hour...x 8 hours....$200,000 a day. they say a $1000 profit?? 204 elios...cutting it close huh..so the profit margin has to go up a bit...options go up 20%...helps a little...and my initial price of a basic elio will be close to $8500.+ and then add about 5% for dmv fees. $9000 for a basic elio...bring extra money for that $800 AMT transmission and $250 for cruise and $200 for tinted glass...$10,500...sounds right!
Labor cost is already included in the COST, while changes in the cost of labor will affect profit, it doesn't come directly out of it.

I suggest taking an accounting class when you make it to high school.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only positive I see with dealerships is that they include on site parts and service centers.......rounding out the full customer Sales and Servicing experience. A quality, reliable, and affordable vehicle with follow up service excellence is as or more important to me than the actual sales transaction.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey cheesy, do you think after 4 years the cost of 5800 in 2013, would be exactly the same as the cost in 2016? or 2017!
I see your read gas 2 post quite often. I was giving an example of factory costs...you need more than 150,000 elios. at any price.

Dusty, You increased you deposit because of all the positive delays, EM admitting it did not have the money to go forward, and the P5 is now 5 months after the P4, which took 6 months...the plant having to sell the equipment to make ends meet, and a P4 that sounds like a tractor and is very hard to steer by a women reporter......and the price going up......and .you sent them MORE money...LMAO.!

Ricky, what you said is 90% of buying a car....if you hate negotiation, you are in the right place...you have no control at all.

Another delay, I guess paul elio had to go back and take the second class of the Bernie Madoff "how to start a car company".

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey cheesy, do you think after 4 years the cost of 5800 in 2013, would be exactly the same as the cost in 2016? or 2017!
I see your read gas 2 post quite often. I was giving an example of factory costs...you need more than 150,000 elios. at any price.

Dusty, You increased you deposit because of all the positive delays, EM admitting it did not have the money to go forward, and the P5 is now 5 months after the P4, which took 6 months...the plant having to sell the equipment to make ends meet, and a P4 that sounds like a tractor and is very hard to steer by a women reporter......and the price going up......and .you sent them MORE money...LMAO.!

Ricky, what you said is 90% of buying a car....if you hate negotiation, you are in the right place...you have no control at all.

Another delay, I guess paul elio had to go back and take the second class of the Bernie Madoff "how to start a car company".

Well.......No, It isn't worth my time....Pj...Bitter, lonely, soon to be, broke.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One more.time, Elio $40M ("will get us through engineering up to production"), $70M (excess tooling), $10M from 40,000 reservations (a popular answer to when they will stop taking pre-order)... That is $120M... getting there.

Now, I was wondering about test drives. I assumed everyone took them but really, I've had Ford Superduties now for 14 years. It is unlikely that I'll switch to Dodge or Chevy (I prefer my company to not be government bail out). Why would I bother trying s t driving? I do though. But, it made me ask the question. Does everyone test before they buy? Nope. 11.4% in the U.S. and 26% in Canada do not. Holy crap!

http://www.thecarconnection.com/new...ppers-skip-the-test-drive-more-than-you-think

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One more.time, Elio $40M ("will get us through engineering up to production"), $70M (excess tooling), $10M from 40,000 reservations (a popular answer to when they will stop taking pre-order)... That is $120M... getting there.

Now, I was wondering about test drives. I assumed everyone took them but really, I've had Ford Superduties now for 14 years. It is unlikely that I'll switch to Dodge or Chevy (I prefer my company to not be government bail out). Why would I bother trying s t driving? I do though. But, it made me ask the question. Does everyone test before they buy? Nope. 11.4% in the U.S. and 26% in Canada do not. Holy crap!

http://www.thecarconnection.com/new...ppers-skip-the-test-drive-more-than-you-think

As you said..."$70M from excess equipment"...that does not necessarily mean EM is selling ALL of the excess equipment for that amount. So, stay tuned for future "sales"?...

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The only positive I see with dealerships is that they include on site parts and service centers.......rounding out the full customer Sales and Servicing experience. A quality, reliable, and affordable vehicle with follow up service excellence is as or more important to me than the actual sales transaction.
I've only made the mistake once of going to a dealership for service. My car lost complete power and thus my radio code was lost. I took it to the dealer and they wanted $80 for that!!!

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I've never actually purchased a new car before, but I have always test-drove the used vehicles I've bought. Because, well, I want to make sure nothing's wrong with it!
My grandfather, on the other hand, drove a series of F150's for as long as I can remember. He would trade one in and drive a new one off, no test-drive, no haggling, no upgrades.

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just upped my $100 all in to the $1000 all in based on the last two months of monitoring this site and following Elio's progress.

Congrats, Dustoff. Now you can hit yourself for not jumping all in 2 months before, LOL! Better late, than never! Actually, I myself did it the hard way: first $100, then two weeks later upgraded to $500, then read more of ElioOwners.com and two days later upgraded to $1K....Whew, it was exhausting :eek:

Top Bottom