• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thank you folks, I am proud to be a salesman, as you all know sales is the worlds oldest profession.
I guess rickb said to perfectly, and thank you rick for saying it so nicely...you can call the place what ever you want...it will be where you go to buy your elio at at least get the information that helps you purchase one.
Oh, and thank you zelio for also understanding the xxxxxxxxx will be there for your buying pleasure.
If the person who helps you buy your elio, might get paid by the hour...if he doesn't "help" enough people buy their elio..he will be back flipping burgers.
When you bought a vehicle from me, I loved to give balloons to the kids, comment how nice your wife looked in that dress, how you take really good care of your cars, and showed you how to get a better interest rate if you put a little more down and lower your vehicle payment. I showed you how to take your paycheck and instead of giving me your two week paycheck, how to increase your monthly income with a little trick.
after you bought the vehicle, your wife would get a nice large popcorn bag with a big thank you note and 4-5 of my cards, delivered to her work of course..and that bottle of your favorite wine might be in the mail ..or dinner at a nice restaurant..
Go ahead, buy that elio on line, and when you call if you have a problem...tell it to the damn recording, please leave your name and number and someone will get back to right away...ya sure! The price is FIXED , no negotiations..none...you pay what I SAY you pay.
IN BLACK AND WHITE...I am in total control..don't trust me or my people, go to another state and try to negotiate with them.
It is kind of funny, when I sold to people who did their home work and new the pricing to almost the penny, we had such a good time I made some money and they made a great deal..everybody was happy and they sent me customers to buy again and again
...!

I was okay with everything until you got to that. the thing I have always hated about buying a car is haggleing over price. That haggleing (or as you say negotiating) is what give car salesmen such a bad reputation. Why should one person pay more for the same car just becuase they are better at negotiating? Never understood that. Best car buying experience I ever had was probably 20 years ago buying a Saturn. Got all the "perks" of having a good saleman without feeling ripped off when I left. I don't go to the grocery store and haggle of the cost of a frozen pizza. Why should I have o over the cost of a car. I LOVE th idea of fixed pricing on a car. I bet the vast majority of people are with me on this. Car salesmen are not bad or shady (I have several friends in the business), but the process make it seem that way. THere is a valid reason why that reputation exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As this project moves forward EM will likely sell out the first year of production ahead of time meaning that tens of thousands of these vehicles will be running around and people will see them and want to buy one.
I emailed Elio in April asking about production timelines, trying to figure out how long after they start production I could see mine. They responded that it should take "about a year" to work through the queue of reservations. As reservations continue to grow though the next year+, it will be 2017 or later before you could walk into a dealership and drive off with a new Elio.

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I emailed Elio in April asking about production timelines, trying to figure out how long after they start production I could see mine. They responded that it should take "about a year" to work through the queue of reservations. As reservations continue to grow though the next year+, it will be 2017 or later before you could walk into a dealership and drive off with a new Elio.

They have repeatedly said that their plan is to close initial reservations when they sell out the first years production. I can definitely see some people who only hear about this vehicle later on having to wait to 2017 to receive their vehicles. It will take them several months to get up to their initial goal of 250 per shift however if sales are strong I also expect them to add a second shift at some time also. With two shifts working five days per week this would allow them to produce about 125,000 per year at their initial goal of 250 per shift. They have also said that they ultimately hope to product 250,000 per year out of this facility which should be possible once the operation is running smoothly with at least two shifts working seven days a week.

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have repeatedly said that their plan is to close initial reservations when they sell out the first years production. I can definitely see some people who only hear about this vehicle later on having to wait to 2017 to receive their vehicles. It will take them several months to get up to their initial goal of 250 per shift however if sales are strong I also expect them to add a second shift at some time also. With two shifts working five days per week this would allow them to produce about 125,000 per year at their initial goal of 250 per shift. They have also said that they ultimately hope to product 250,000 per year out of this facility which should be possible once the operation is running smoothly with at least two shifts working seven days a week.
I just upped my $100 all in to the $1000 all in based on the last two months of monitoring this site and following Elio's progress.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks...gonna take a lot more than 100,000 elios to pay for 1500 workers at $20-$25 an hour with benefits.
1500 x 17 an hour...25,500 per hour...x 8 hours....$200,000 a day. they say a $1000 profit?? 204 elios...cutting it close huh..so the profit margin has to go up a bit...options go up 20%...helps a little...and my initial price of a basic elio will be close to $8500.+ and then add about 5% for dmv fees. $9000 for a basic elio...bring extra money for that $800 AMT transmission and $250 for cruise and $200 for tinted glass...$10,500...sounds right!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey folks...gonna take a lot more than 100,000 elios to pay for 1500 workers at $20-$25 an hour with benefits.
1500 x 17 an hour...25,500 per hour...x 8 hours....$200,000 a day. they say a $1000 profit?? 204 elios...cutting it close huh..so the profit margin has to go up a bit...options go up 20%...helps a little...and my initial price of a basic elio will be close to $8500.+ and then add about 5% for dmv fees. $9000 for a basic elio...bring extra money for that $800 AMT transmission and $250 for cruise and $200 for tinted glass...$10,500...sounds right!

The initial plan is to hire 800 workers.

800 workers x $25 per hour x 8 hours per day = $160,000 payroll per shift

$160,000 / 250 vehicles per shift = $640 per vehicle labor cost.

I would say the math is adding up just fine.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The initial plan is to hire 800 workers.

800 workers x $25 per hour x 8 hours per day = $160,000 payroll per shift

$160,000 / 250 vehicles per shift = $640 per vehicle labor cost.

I would say the math is adding up just fine.
Might want to add a little onto the labor burden but you have to pay the laborers.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, it has nothing to do with liking on not liking the car. I'm cool with your opinion on the car and sale's reps. My point is, people that are pro sales rep, talk a big a big game on how they are people to and need to make a living, but when it comes down to it, they won't spend the extra 2 or $300 for the benefits, if any, they get out having one of them assist them, if they don't have to.

No one on here or anywhere else, unless out of spite, will tip the Elio showroom assistant, an extra 2 or 3 hundo just for their help.
Why would you assume I would pay would pay $300 more to buy a vehicle at a typical car dealership? I am the King of Hagglers......pj's worst nighmare! The pj's of the auto showroom world usually have to tip me to buy the damn car!
I am pro direct to consumer sales.......cars and everything else for that matter providing the pricing structure is fair and Elio seems fair indeed. I speak of sales reps in general. If you buy an Elio at the Elio store from a factory trained sales rep you are dealing with a salesperson. Thankfully, you don't have to haggle for the best deal and pay more than someone else............but you still expect a good sales experience from a knowledgeable sales rep providing the assist.........as well as excellence in followup customer service after the purchase. Even if you would choose to purchase a vehicle on-line without driving it.............you will have to call and talk to a customer service rep. regarding issues. Yes and we still pay or I guess you feel TIP for that service reflected in the MSRP. Our current Elio Sales Representative is Elio's Marketing Department and they are doing a fine job. Go Team Elio!

MY POINT IS DON"T COMPARE ME TO pj..................because I don't share his views in any way! I respect the views of all the members on this forum......o.k. 99%, but don't agree with them all......and of that 1% some can be down right laughable and/or sadly detrimental to the Elio effect.

Top Bottom