• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct. I'm not committing to buy a $6800 anything until I get some hands on time.

Not saying we need dealerships per se, but a store that has at least one demo model.
Elio has stated that demos will be available for hands on and test drives at their sales/showrooms. Low % of buyers buy before they try........a vehicle has to fit and performance handle to meet a drivers expectations........for a 2 seater that is. Elio also stated that there will be driving demos at future regional showings when the final production prototypes are complete.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They need showrooms for the consumers like PJ Rogers that wan't to see, touch and drive before they buy. I think they will be very small facilities with maybe 2-4 Elios on site, and very low overhead. PJ can't be the only consumer that feels that way, and I can understand his position.....on that issue. Without any showrooms, Elio would be knocking themselves out of a whole segment of potential buyers. JMO
Isn't PJ a former car salesman who swears the dealership model is the only way cars can be sold?

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thank you folks, I am proud to be a salesman, as you all know sales is the worlds oldest profession.
I guess rickb said to perfectly, and thank you rick for saying it so nicely...you can call the place what ever you want...it will be where you go to buy your elio at at least get the information that helps you purchase one.
Oh, and thank you zelio for also understanding the xxxxxxxxx will be there for your buying pleasure.
If the person who helps you buy your elio, might get paid by the hour...if he doesn't "help" enough people buy their elio..he will be back flipping burgers.
When you bought a vehicle from me, I loved to give balloons to the kids, comment how nice your wife looked in that dress, how you take really good care of your cars, and showed you how to get a better interest rate if you put a little more down and lower your vehicle payment. I showed you how to take your paycheck and instead of giving me your two week paycheck, how to increase your monthly income with a little trick.
after you bought the vehicle, your wife would get a nice large popcorn bag with a big thank you note and 4-5 of my cards, delivered to her work of course..and that bottle of your favorite wine might be in the mail ..or dinner at a nice restaurant..
Go ahead, buy that elio on line, and when you call if you have a problem...tell it to the damn recording, please leave your name and number and someone will get back to right away...ya sure! The price is FIXED , no negotiations..none...you pay what I SAY you pay.
IN BLACK AND WHITE...I am in total control..don't trust me or my people, go to another state and try to negotiate with them.
It is kind of funny, when I sold to people who did their home work and new the pricing to almost the penny, we had such a good time I made some money and they made a great deal..everybody was happy and they sent me customers to buy again and again...!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thank you folks, I am proud to be a salesman, as you all know sales is the worlds oldest profession.
I guess rickb said to perfectly, and thank you rick for saying it so nicely...you can call the place what ever you want...it will be where you go to buy your elio at at least get the information that helps you purchase one.
Oh, and thank you zelio for also understanding the xxxxxxxxx will be there for your buying pleasure.
If the person who helps you buy your elio, might get paid by the hour...if he doesn't "help" enough people buy their elio..he will be back flipping burgers.
When you bought a vehicle from me, I loved to give balloons to the kids, comment how nice your wife looked in that dress, how you take really good care of your cars, and showed you how to get a better interest rate if you put a little more down and lower your vehicle payment. I showed you how to take your paycheck and instead of giving me your two week paycheck, how to increase your monthly income with a little trick.
after you bought the vehicle, your wife would get a nice large popcorn bag with a big thank you note and 4-5 of my cards, delivered to her work of course..and that bottle of your favorite wine might be in the mail ..or dinner at a nice restaurant..
Go ahead, buy that elio on line, and when you call if you have a problem...tell it to the damn recording, please leave your name and number and someone will get back to right away...ya sure! The price is FIXED , no negotiations..none...you pay what I SAY you pay.
IN BLACK AND WHITE...I am in total control..don't trust me or my people, go to another state and try to negotiate with them.
It is kind of funny, when I sold to people who did their home work and new the pricing to almost the penny, we had such a good time I made some money and they made a great deal..everybody was happy and they sent me customers to buy again and again...!
It's the people who don't do research, who see someone else get the same car for $500 less, who have to live with the feeling that though I paid more, I get the same warranty, care, etc... And that makes people feel like they have been stolen from. "Why do I deserve to lose $500? I work hard for my money. Why is there a system set up where the goal is to take as much of my money as they can?" It feels unfair and perception forms our reality. I buy a new vehicle about every 2 years (not just for me. I've got kids and a wife) and I have never walked away feeling that I did well. Now, I do buy at dealerships and appreciate that there is a service department and parts department and I know that the building was built with money from sales so I put up with it. Apart from buying my houses, buying cars is the worst experience I continually put myself through. Even when the salesman is nice, it still feels cheap and dirty. It is a necessary evil and is unfortunate that, while necessary, salesmen are fairly universally disliked... in any format. "Oh, yay, the vacuum salesman is here! Kids, come downstairs, the vacuum salesman is here!" or "Hello sir, I'm calling to tell you about your XM radio service. We'd like to offer..." click! (I get these way too often... two on Tuesday, actually. No means no.

I don't recall ever getting a vacuum salesmen - maybe they are great... I just didn't want to call out any particular religion...

(I do lots of research and even carry documentation and requirements when I car shop but still... someone stab me in the eye)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your welcome. I like and appreciate friendly and knowledgeable sales staff in any business. Makes or breaks a business! Most are hard working and dedicated to meeting the needs of their clients............others let the client beware. My expectation is that Elio will provide a vehicle of reasonable quality for the price point......if it's fixed.........it seems fair. The level of customer service I doubt will compare to Lexus standards of service excellence, but it should be at a reasonable level of acceptance. Sales standards will be set by Elio and Service standards will be set by Pep Boys standards...........some people like it........some don't. PJ, I hope we get to find out.....and don't be to hard on the young Elio Sales Rep when you buy your Elio.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, you reap what you sow..with elio the price is fixed and at a decent profit..for EM, not for you!
Nothing to do but sign on the bottom line and pay the money. everybody pays the same for the same car...
I always asked the guy who "said" he paid less to tell me the msrp and I always find less equipment and a padded finance payment.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your welcome. I like and appreciate friendly and knowledgeable sales staff in any business. Makes or breaks a business! Most are hard working and dedicated to meeting the needs of their clients............others let the client beware. My expectation is that Elio will provide a vehicle of reasonable quality for the price point......if it's fixed.........it seems fair. The level of customer service I doubt will compare to Lexus standards of service excellence, but it should be at a reasonable level of acceptance. Sales standards will be set by Elio and Service standards will be set by Pep Boys standards...........some people like it........some don't. PJ, I hope we get to find out.....and don't be to hard on the young Elio Sales Rep when you buy your Elio.
When you get your Elio, you can leave your young Elio Sales Rep a 2 or $300 tip before you drive off and you will sleep better knowing you didn't steal his or her services.
Ten to one says you or pj don't leave a dime.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I still remember how PJ said (in an earlier post) how he would "slip in" a little "monthly payment" increase......I sure will miss those little touches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom