• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another big question will be how will ELIO work around States that have laws prohibiting direct sales. The issue keeps coming up with Tesla. They have been in and out of Court on it.
The day of the Dealership has long sense been over. They are a part of automotive history long over due to fade away.
I must be missing something I do not see why I could not order a ELIO on line from LA and just have it shipped to me or pick it up. The Tax issue is not a problem you pay the tax in the state to register it in. That happens all of the time with cross state purchases.

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what pault said is true, but even if there were some states that dont allow it, you would be able to buy it at the next state and then drive it home.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted on the Elio FB Page the idea of partnering with a Brand Car Rental/Sales Company like Enterprise. Leasing Elio Store space at their many neighborhood car rental locations across the USA and Global. They would be staffed with Elio Employees.......trained and managed by EM. Elio Fleet Sales & Enterprise's Elio rental inventory could be used for rentals as well as test drives. On-line virtual sales and a display of Elio after market options would require limited square footage. Imagine the millions of dollars Elio would save on brick and mortar start up and annual maintenance costs associated with stand alone stores. The most important factor would be a fast and efficient roll out providing for immediate sales, factory ship to destinations, and customer pick up locations. Also, would position EM for a Global marketing strategy.

Elio Motor's reply: Good idea, but we can't discuss this any further at this time. Since EM's business model is based on partnering........I sensed they have/are seriously considering the partnering concept.

Last edited:
Top Bottom