• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if it is how it's gonna get set-up, doesn't seem a big jump to also provide service(s) at that local location??
Think I read somewhere the showrooms will only be staffed with five employees. Plus you are talking major overhead and increased coast to EM which will only result in a more expensive product.JMO

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if it is how it's gonna get set-up, doesn't seem a big jump to also provide service(s) at that local location??
Not exactly local as I understand the distribution set up. From what I understand they will be more along the line of regional centers to where the basics will be sent and then from there the customized cars will be sent to the stores. You'd still need to drive a ways for servicing, if that's what you were thinking.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not exactly local as I understand the distribution set up. From what I understand they will be more along the line of regional centers to where the basics will be sent and then from there the customized cars will be sent to the stores. You'd still need to drive a ways for servicing, if that's what you were thinking.
:)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

thanks that sounds like the most reasonable solution, but still have trouble with the delivery timeframe/turn around . But if that's what they are promising, I will continue my trust iIn Paul and this adventure we all share.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my case, since I live in northern Delaware and work in Delaware County, PA, there are Pep Boys very close. I can walk to work from one if I have to drop off the Elio. One is 5 minutes from home, and another within 20 minutes.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my case, since I live in northern Delaware and work in Delaware County, PA, there are Pep Boys very close. I can walk to work from one if I have to drop off the Elio. One is 5 minutes from home, and another within 20 minutes.
To sum up, there are three types of support facilities for the plant in Shreveport:

- Anticipated are about a dozen facilities that receive the 14 base car types from the plant. Their responsibility is to add options on the car to your specifications, after having received an order. The timetable for the building of these has not been announced.

- Anticipated are Retail Centers in the 60 major U.S. markets. Their sole function is to answer questions, be a showroom for vehicles and options, place orders, and receive completed vehicles for delivery. No technicians doing installations or warranty claims. The timetable for the building of these has not been announced.

- 800 Pep Boys facilities to perform warranty claims. To date, no information that factory options can be ordered or installed here.

There seems to be confusion regarding the defined roles for each of these.

The level of support for direct pickup in Shreveport has yet to be announced.

Last edited:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anticipation, the build, the chase is where the fun is. Once you have one all that goes away.

Wayne,
Finally, you've said something I enjoyed reading. But as usual you're only telling half of it.
As Paul Harvey said "Here's the Rest of the Story"
Someday, if we were to live anywhere close to Wayne Kemp, I'm convinced we could see him riding around and around in his ELIO, whooping
and hollering. I'm also convinced he will wear a disguise, so we can't recognize him! :D

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wayne,
Finally, you've said something I enjoyed reading. But as usual you're only telling half of it.
As Paul Harvey said "Here's the Rest of the Story"
Someday, if we were to live anywhere close to Wayne Kemp, I'm convinced we could see him riding around and around in his ELIO, whooping
and hollering. I'm also convinced he will wear a disguise, so we can't recognize him! :D
That's funny! Wayne is a closet optimist! He's giddy as a school girl but just doesn't want us to know it. And it truth, he's trying to keep his, as well as all of ours expectations low so that when all this comes about, we can be surprised.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's funny! Wayne is a closet optimist! He's giddy as a school girl but just doesn't want us to know it. And it truth, he's trying to keep his, as well as all of ours expectations low so that when all this comes about, we can be surprised.

:p Now face it. If it wasn't for some like me what would you folks talk about? Not much. You can only beat that horse so much on what color,where the door should be and can't see one foot behind the tail light.
Pretending, is for the young kids. I never pretend but for some they have to have something to get them through the day I guess.
I don't have that problem, I live in the real world. As for as keeping your expectations low....LOL, think about it, you are letting me keep YOUR expectations low. Now that is what I would call total control over you if that is true.

Top Bottom