• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it seems a bit outdated, March 14, with no updates shown
FWIW, the article states that information will be updated as available.
As you all probably know, the Governor of Michigan has until tomorrow, 10/21, to sign or veto a law that will prevent Tesla from making direct sales in his state. These protective laws prove the power business has in government these days.
I personally feel it is no one's business how I choose to sell my product as long as folks get what they pay for. OK, Moderator, NO more politics,,,,LOL

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, the article states that information will be updated as available.
As you all probably know, the Governor of Michigan has until tomorrow, 10/21, to sign or veto a law that will prevent Tesla from making direct sales in his state. These protective laws prove the power business has in government these days.
I personally feel it is no one's business how I choose to sell my product as long as folks get what they pay for. OK, Moderator, NO more politics,,,,LOL

If this were any state but Michigan, one might question the link between the auto industry and the elected officials.

Not that I question the honor of the Gov. of the Great State of MIchigan, but who do you suppose are his biggest contributors.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this were any state but Michigan, one might question the link between the auto industry and the elected officials.

Not that I question the honor of the Gov. of the Great State of MIchigan, but who do you suppose are his biggest contributors.
You would think that if the conservatives and the Conservative Republican Governernor of Michigan believed all their rhetoric about the value of unfettered free markets he would be advocating for Tesla's side of the contorversy and campaigning to break up the anti-free-enterprise car dealer monopolies. But since liberals like electric cars conservatives feel obligated to hate electric cars, and his support for free enterprise won't happen. Yes that is political and although it may not currently affect EM's plan for direct to consumer sales............because of it's motorcycle classification........that could change with the new autocycle classification. I like the idea of an electric Elio, but politically speaking may not be a good idea.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I'm standing in line at my local Post Office (A difficult concept if you think the first days of hunting and fishing season are federal holidays)(LOL), and the clerk asks -"Express Overnight" ,and I say "no I'll take the least expensive", my mom taught me not to say cheapest, but back to the story. (Hey there ain't much happening on the threads)
Of course the fact we will have a few weeks, months(?) notice when our car will be ready,
and after the first year you'll be able to order it at your local Elio Store for "Overnight Delivery" leads me to the conclusions

We if given the tour on pick-up day, will not be seeing OUR car being built - the factory will have to temporarily be set-up to install all the accessories after the 14 basic cars. i.e. two of each color, each with a different transmission. the extra time to assemble the car- hence the long lag necessary to accessorize before we pick it up
Observation- it will be impossible, after the first years advanced sales (with the long lead time) to have the plant build specific cars, let alone be able to deliver it next day
What will happen, IMO is somewhere close to the stores, a steady supply of the 14 basics will be on hand( only two if the body panels are added locally) with the pile of accessories ready to be added locally. i.e. a steady supply of accessories and body panels delivered (not overnight) but a supply needs basis, and ready to be used/installed locally.

Maybe I'm missing something ( which I'm used to hearing) but it is IMPOSSIBLE to order a car in Seattle (pick your location )on Monday and Pick it up Tuesday, without the basic cars and accessories being nearby each sales center.

Aside- we who are waiting the longest for our car,will require a stronger fortitude necessary than the folks down the road will be able to have their immediate gratification met in 24hrs

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anticipation, the build, the chase is where the fun is. Once you have one all that goes away.
Once I have one, the fun will just begin. This forum gives me a chance to read all these great posts that help me keep my frustrations from driving me to a Goldwing trike or some other outdoor-driver type rig. It is only YOU, my brothers and sisters that help me keep hanging on, believing, that someday I'll be motorcycling in a dry, warm (or cool), enclosed cockpit, without bugs in my teeth, and talkin' to my sweetie without an intercom.
So, keep those dollars comin', oops that's another forum....

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Observation- it will be impossible, after the first years advanced sales (with the long lead time) to have the plant build specific cars, let alone be able to deliver it next day
What will happen, IMO is somewhere close to the stores, a steady supply of the 14 basics will be on hand( only two if the body panels are added locally) with the pile of accessories ready to be added locally. i.e. a steady supply of accessories and body panels delivered (not overnight) but a supply needs basis, and ready to be used/installed locally.

Maybe I'm missing something ( which I'm used to hearing) but it is IMPOSSIBLE to order a car in Seattle (pick your location )on Monday and Pick it up Tuesday, without the basic cars and accessories being nearby each sales center.

You should be a Medium. Turns out that's just how they are going to do it.:)

Top Bottom