• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
bad decision with the reality of fines and loss of factory if commitments aren't met- I think they have until the middle of 16 to get it "rolling"- every delay puts too much pressure on meeting this deadline too risky if it was me. good question
We can get together, have potluck, and build this thing under a tent..(No Sweat!).

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I have been nursing my vehicle, hoping I can get another 30,000 miles out of it until the Elio becomes reality, but now, timing belt, and brakes are making this impossible. That is $1200.00 that would have gone to Elio Motors, and the vehicle would go to the Crusher. I will push the envelope, and hope the timing belt does'nt go, adding a $70.00 tow bill to the loss'.
Right now the other car ( Cavalier ) is doing fine, after about $1400 in work over the last 8 months or so. However we didn't want to take the chance something happened and then were rushed to get another car. I've kept my eye on the used car market for sometime now and when I found the Subarus price had dropped $3500, ( that brought it below the fair market value, according to KBB ) I headed for the dealer. I got them down another $450 because it needed new tires. Once we got it home we realized there were several options not on the dealers sheet and when we redid the fair market value, we found we had saved another $400 and CarFax listed it with an extra $330 because it was a clean report, with a good maintaince record. So I got a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium under $11,000 including tax and dealer handling fees. Oh and if anyone wants to look up the price, it has over 100,000 miles on it but for a Subaru, that's just broken in! ;)

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I have been nursing my vehicle, hoping I can get another 30,000 miles out of it until the Elio becomes reality, but now, timing belt, and brakes are making this impossible. That is $1200.00 that would have gone to Elio Motors, and the vehicle would go to the Crusher. I will push the envelope, and hope the timing belt does'nt go, adding a $70.00 tow bill to the loss'.

Sucks I have always been fortunate in automotive world. I usually fix my own cars and If it more than I can handle I have relatives that are mechanics. I would have something like a timing belt fixed for parts(wholesale price too) and a 24 pack of beer.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Don't feel so bad about buying a new car a while back now. I knew the ELIO would not be here until end of 2015 so I when ahead and purchased a new one . gave my car to the granddaughter. Now it looks like I will get a lot more use out of the new one. 34-41 MPG no Elio but it will do .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Right now the other car ( Cavalier ) is doing fine, after about $1400 in work over the last 8 months or so. However we didn't want to take the chance something happened and then were rushed to get another car. I've kept my eye on the used car market for sometime now and when I found the Subarus price had dropped $3500, ( that brought it below the fair market value, according to KBB ) I headed for the dealer. I got them down another $450 because it needed new tires. Once we got it home we realized there were several options not on the dealers sheet and when we redid the fair market value, we found we had saved another $400 and CarFax listed it with an extra $330 because it was a clean report, with a good maintaince record. So I got a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium under $11,000 including tax and dealer handling fees. Oh and if anyone wants to look up the price, it has over 100,000 miles on it but for a Subaru, that's just broken in! ;)

I wish this forum had a Buy & Sell I'd put the Magnum I want to part company with. Since I'm retired I don't need a big car any longer, I'm waiting for my Elio and I'll drive my Nitro in the mean time. The Magnum is a 2007 with only 52,000 on the clock, and the Nitro is a 08 with 29,000 both in perfect showroom condition. The Magnum is a fantastic highway car, and with the V6 Hemi I was getting 27 - 29 mpg; not bad for a car that weighs 3950lbs

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish this forum had a Buy & Sell I'd put the Magnum I want to part company with. Since I'm retired I don't need a big car any longer, I'm waiting for my Elio and I'll drive my Nitro in the mean time. The Magnum is a 2007 with only 52,000 on the clock, and the Nitro is a 08 with 29,000 both in perfect showroom condition. The Magnum is a fantastic highway car, and with the V6 Hemi I was getting 27 - 29 mpg; not bad for a car that weighs 3950lbs
you ever heard of craigslist?

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your 100% certainty has to be based 100% on faith and hope. My only hope is that you are 100% correct in your prediction.
It may not be total 100%, however not knowing the detail Paul and his staff do everyday work. I just have faith they really want to make it happen. I over here is not much I can do but support the idea what Paul and his staff are doing. I just have high hope production will happen in 2016. You are right, I am not 100% sure it will happen, however I have hope and support Paul dream and vision. Just have faith and hope and support his vision is about all I can do. Remember "hope is a good thing maybe the best of things".
hope.png
hope 1.png

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It may not be total 100%, however not knowing the detail Paul and his staff do everyday work. I just have faith they really want to make it happen. I over here is not much I can do but support the idea what Paul and his staff are doing. I just have high hope production will happen in 2016. You are right, I am not 100% sure it will happen, however I have hope and support Paul dream and vision. Just have faith and hope and support his vision is about all I can do. Remember "hope is a good thing maybe the best of things".
View attachment 4473 View attachment 4474
I am truly onboard with your high hope for Elio Motors ! After all, this transport would mean a lot to me for it's success and if negative thinking would help with the production....then I've read enough on this website...WE WOULD ALL have our Elio's several months ago ! Most of those that have hope it will come to a reality and are anxiously awaiting good funding news from all the sources Paul Elio mentioned in his letter to all. Meanwhile we encourage,support with our finances and purchase a cap or two from the Elio store to be just that much closer to roadtrippin' in our very own Elio !!!....just sayin'

Top Bottom