• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because as Mr. Elio said, "an elio for everyone" not just commuters, but also parents who need to pick up their kid and their sports stuff. ....to the single guy with two buddies going to the game..for the mom with a 4 year old and her childs friend going to the school play...to a guy taking his kid and their dog to pet smart or the vet, for the woman who with a friend go shopping and buy three hat boxes, where do you put the purses? To the couple going on an week-end get a way trip and have two suit cases..or 3. Taking two kids to school and picking them up after..a million more reason to buy the 3 person elio instead of 2.
Many of you guys are in the box, get out of the box.
I want EM to sell everybody not just commuters...everybody, not just in America either, the world would consider one if it had 3 people instead of just two.
We have 14 months to do it...3 wheels, 3 people and 75 mpg...and 4 stars...under $9000!!
Hell, we don't even have drivable prototype yet.... so make the change now. (A (Pretend you are an elio saleperson, A three would be so much easier to sell).

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Jim, you just made my point...you will spend wll over $9000 for your elio equipped like you want it...I think that's better than $13,000+ for the Hyundai..except you have to buy that 100,000+ extended warranty with the elio..a commuter will eat that up in 18-20 months.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Jim, you just made my point...you will spend wll over $9000 for your elio equipped like you want it...I think that's better than $13,000+ for the Hyundai..except you have to buy that 100,000+ extended warranty with the elio..a commuter will eat that up in 18-20 months.
And what is the formula for determining the cost of an extended warranty (which I would never buy) as a percentage of the cost of the Elio? For a $29K Dodge Grand Caravan it was $2500. Less than 10%. Assuming that is the correct percentage your "Elio Extended Warranty" will be around $700. I still say the Elio is NOT for everyone and those that find so much fault or misgivings about it should be looking for a different vehicle.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
100k miles in 20 months? I'd check your math. That works out to a 400 mile daily round trip. I don't think very many commuters make that every day. My commute is long by most standards, and I only drive a little more than a third of that.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because as Mr. Elio said, "an elio for everyone" not just commuters, but also parents who need to pick up their kid and their sports stuff. ....to the single guy with two buddies going to the game..for the mom with a 4 year old and her childs friend going to the school play...to a guy taking his kid and their dog to pet smart or the vet, for the woman who with a friend go shopping and buy three hat boxes, where do you put the purses? To the couple going on an week-end get a way trip and have two suit cases..or 3. Taking two kids to school and picking them up after..a million more reason to buy the 3 person elio instead of 2.
Many of you guys are in the box, get out of the box.
I want EM to sell everybody not just commuters...everybody, not just in America either, the world would consider one if it had 3 people instead of just two.
We have 14 months to do it...3 wheels, 3 people and 75 mpg...and 4 stars...under $9000!!
Hell, we don't even have drivable prototype yet.... so make the change now. (A (Pretend you are an elio saleperson, A three would be so much easier to sell).
Just buy something else.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio DID actually say "We want the Elio to be everyone's second car that is used for commuting to work." It is not their intention to haul around families regardless of their size. There won't be a larger Elio for quite a while. Besides, IF Elio becomes popular, how far behind will Ford or Chevy be? They sure won't let Elio kill sales of their low end vehicles for very long without competing.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio DID actually say "We want the Elio to be everyone's second car that is used for commuting to work." It is not their intention to haul around families regardless of their size. There won't be a larger Elio for quite a while. Besides, IF Elio becomes popular, how far behind will Ford or Chevy be? They sure won't let Elio kill sales of their low end vehicles for very long without competing.
Frankly, that is the best possible outcome. I'm more interested in the concept of low cost, high efficiency than I am in any particular company. Long term success will hinge on competition.

Top Bottom