• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey ty, in 14 months there will be an elio that carries 3 people, has a passenger door on the curb side, has a re-worked rear end that more resembles a squared off hatch back that has way more trunk space..and the base price will be $7500. and the fuel estimate of 75 mpg.
You can exaggerate and make all the fun and jokes you want at my expense. EM will make the decisions from the many good ideas sent in. Just like in October when the folks wanted more trunk space and a hatch back. They got it.
You do not seem to understand the people doing this are money makers!
Oh, and the cost factor...that went out the window when the tour people started to tell all of us standing around the elio, the destination charge will be about $750, the automatic will be "under $1000" the cruise will be over a couple of hundred, etc. Even EM admits they are short by $300..so forget the $6800 number, in 14 months it will be $7500.
All of you, just be prepared to pay more than you think.
When the option prices are revealed about a year from now, you will understand, but not now, the music is too loud and you have follow the music...
Remember, 3 people, one curb side passenger door and a little more trunk space. That is all I want and from day one, the people have suggested exactly that..i am not the only one..
Have a good memorial day! and go, go go, elioooooooooooo!
Not likely, if Elio keeps it word and begins production 3rd Qrtr 2015. That is 14 months from now and there is no way it can happen if they are distracted from their original design. Just admit the Elio, in its current design, is not what you NEED as opposed to what you WANT.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" The ONLY vehicle for MILLIONS of singles, couples, and one child families...made in America..."

The 2016, 3 wheeled, 3 person, 75 mpg, and 4 star crash rating...the ELIO Scorpion by Elio Motors..

Say that three times and just remember this quote from Mr. Elio himself in 2013!

" an elio in every home...in America!"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I worry about pj's obsession with a three way Elio and that EM may lose a customer........so I'm thinking Elio could design an optional Dock & Go Passenger Pod. The Elio +1. It would accommodate pj's needs for that 3 person Elio or be used as a Cargo Pod when extra space is needed for local hauling or extended trips. It could be styled to blend beautifully with minimal extension of Elio's current lines. It would be similar to this Dock & Go Concept for the Smart, but obviously only as wide as Elio's current single seat and include an added axel for one additional in line wheel. If pj can envision the 3 inline seats and relate the Dock & Go to Elio's styling.........I sense some excitement in pj's household. Potentially 3 seats at anytime before, during, or after production begins........and it doesn't change the original Elio. Sweet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No car can be all things to all people. That's why there are thousands of different models out there. What attracted me to the Elio is the gas mileage, the price, and it's sex appeal. A perfect commuter car. I do not intend to sell my current car. I intend to use the Elio for what it is designed for. A commuter car. To take the bulk of the miles I drive (by myself) and save a lot of money. I do not wish to pay for any luxury items. Give me a straight stick, an AC, and cruise. If I want to dress up my Elio I will do it to my liking with aftermarket products. JMHO

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No car can be all things to all people. That's why there are thousands of different models out there. What attracted me to the Elio is the gas mileage, the price, and it's sex appeal. A perfect commuter car. I do not intend to sell my current car. I intend to use the Elio for what it is designed for. A commuter car. To take the bulk of the miles I drive (by myself) and save a lot of money. I do not wish to pay for any luxury items. Give me a straight stick, an AC, and cruise. If I want to dress up my Elio I will do it to my liking with aftermarket products. JMHO
That's exactly what I want as well.......If I was a moderator I would move all the 3 seater discussion to the Similar Vehicles Forum: Space Efficient Vehicles.

Elio is the ideal commuter............support it as is with perhaps some meaningful mods.......if any are needed to meet the goals Elio set.......or that simply make more design/engineering sense and are cost effective.

...........and I'm certain that's exactly what we will get because that's what Elio wants too!

Last edited:

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I worry about pj's obsession with a three way Elio and that EM may lose a customer........so I'm thinking Elio could design an optional Dock & Go Passenger Pod. The Elio +1. It would accommodate pj's needs for that 3 person Elio or be used as a Cargo Pod when extra space is needed for local hauling or extended trips. It could be styled to blend beautifully with minimal extension of Elio's current lines. It would be similar to this Dock & Go Concept for the Smart, but obviously only as wide as Elio's current single seat and include an added axel for one additional in line wheel. If pj can envision the 3 inline seats and relate the Dock & Go to Elio's styling.........I sense some excitement in pj's household. Potentially 3 seats at anytime before, during, or after production begins........and it doesn't change the original Elio. Sweet.
Actually, I could go for something like that, as long as it doesn't need to be registered separately. 99.99999% of the time, it would just be me and my work gear, but on rare occasions, I will need to haul stuff, like a couple bags of mulch and some live plants. I'd hate to have to pay to keep a trailer registered when it would only get used 2-3 times per year.

What attracted me to the Elio is the gas mileage, the price, and it's sex appeal
Sex appeal? I'm thanking God I'm already married, because I won't be getting any with an Elio. And certainly not any in an Elio. :D

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You got it right .

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" The ONLY vehicle for MILLIONS of singles, couples, and one child families...made in America..."

The 2016, 3 wheeled, 3 person, 75 mpg, and 4 star crash rating...the ELIO Scorpion by Elio Motors..

Say that three times and just remember this quote from Mr. Elio himself in 2013!

" an elio in every home...in America!"
Why are you dead set against this being a commuter car?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think he needs to consider a low end Hyundai or Kia that is designed for a small family.

Top Bottom