• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I use to believe it was Ferdinand too. But here is a picture of the true designer who had the great misfortune of being Jewish when Hitler was scrounging around for a "peoples car" in the early 1930s. Hitler is said to have trumped up charges against Josef and turned the plans over to Mr. Porshe to develop. At least that's the story as I read it. Josef got out Germany in time and lived to 1974.

View attachment 1190
Learn something new every day. That said, Porsche was also shopping around for a manufacturer to build his idea of a "people's car" and was turned down by the major auto manufacturers of the time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some times you just need to admit that as much as you like the Elio it is NOT for you. One door, two seats, a/c, radio, 3-wheels. Get it done.
I agree, but would like two doors..........not enough to add cost or slow up production........but comforting from a safety standpoint.......a secondary exit from the vehicle should something happen to jamb or block the one door.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cheeseheadearl, some how your answer doesn't surprise me at all..
Where do we put the kids will be the first question asked when a young family looks at the elio...my backpack? is the other!
my mazda 2 has room for two people in the back seat and it about the same size as the elio, so just take out the bucket and put a bench in with two seat belts...and guess what, millions of more sales..it just makes sense...think about it..!
It is coming, why do you think the elio was delayed..to make the necessary changes to sell millions more WORLD WIDE!
It is time to get behind the idea and help EM make tens of thousand more elios, help elio succeed!
Pretend you are an elio salesperson and BRAG about the room for the kids...80 MPG AND ROOM FOR 3.
it is so obvious!

Why not share your inside source then?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, but would like two doors..........not enough to add cost or slow up production........but comforting from a safety standpoint.......a secondary exit from the vehicle should something happen to jamb or block the one door.
How many times have you been in the drivers seat of any vehicle and exited out of the passenger side door? With all the cars having consoles now it is extremely unlikely anyone can.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Always considered my deposit a gamble as there are no guarantees implied or otherwise stated..

Ray
Ray, I agree, it is a gamble., but I looked at it with the thought of 'Never gamble more than you can afford to lose'.
The 1k 'All in' I put up on 04.29.14 is behind me now. By the time my Elio (PTV) is ready, I'll carry cash or a cashiers check to La. to pick it up, using my brand of 'Creative Accounting'. I have almost quit smoking, 160$ a month, cut out all unnecessary cage driving, use MC for that, and started direct deposit to a (new) savings account. Add the 160$, per mo., and savings, per payday, will add up to an Elio plus Sunroof, trailer hitch, earlier 'sport' fenders, cruise control, etc. They can keep the credit card.

I like the idea of the 'Plant Tour', went to York, Pa., early this year and did the Harley 'Steel Toe' tour, was impressed.

A plant tour will offer a closeness to the 'birth' of my 'Dreamcicle' Elio. Yes it's a dream rite now but a dream I believe in and planning for.

A short range plan with a long range Goal.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How many times have you been in the drivers seat of any vehicle and exited out of the passenger side door? With all the cars having consoles now it is extremely unlikely anyone can.
More times than I care to count actually. Since the driver's door gets used the most, it wears out the fastest. More than one car I've owned past the point where the driver's door was ready to fall off and I'd taken to entering/exiting from the passenger side or Dukes of Hazzard style.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only twice.......and both times somebody parked too close to my drivers side door........wait that's an entry not an exit............then never. O.K. then...........one door works for me.

Top Bottom