• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The work has begun on the new prototype, P4, and it is starting to take shape! Over the next five weeks we will share the prototype process, pictures, and interviews with the key prototype team members."
I would expect that "work has begun on the new prototype" could mean anything from whiteboard notes or CAD drawings to ordering the stuff the body is made out of or even all the way to doing some welding.
They seem to be professionals about it. Non-professionals would probably start welding first and have something to show us. And since the slow process and product gets so much flak, the fast process would with NO DOUBT be wrong in the opinion of many.
Very good point, Sandy. Thank you for making it. :-) Z

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went all in for 1000 2 weeks ago... Yesterday I went all in 1000 for another.. Still have no idea if this will happen or if Elio will be a good car or a piece of crap.. If it turns out crap I'll have a few interesting art works..So far videos of hearing and seeing them driven has not been good..

Last edited:

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind when comparing Elio to an established car company is that by the time they announce a vehicle a very large group of people and companies have already been working on it for several years. They also already have production lines in place to build it and a network of dealerships to sell to the end users. You do not really get to see any of the actual process it take to bring a vehicle from concept form to a real product available for sale.

Elio on the other hand has presented us with a concept car and we are getting to see some of what it takes to take that and make it into a real product. This process will include delays caused by numerous issues and even the possibility that funding runs out before they can bring it to market.

I am trying to be realistic about the situation and while I still feel good about my $1K investment I am fully prepared for delays and even the possibility of everything falling through and all I may have to show for all this is a very expensive T-shirt and bumper sticker.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
You have more than me..I'm 2 grand in , so far not shirts, no production numbers..

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went all in for 1000 last 2 weeks ago... Yesterday I went all in 1000 for another.. Still have no idea if this will happen or if Elio will be a good car or a piece of crap.. If it turns out crap I'll have a few interesting art works..So far videos of hearing and seeing them driven has not been good..
They have an old beater drivetrain in the Elio so you can't go by that video..

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You have more than me..I'm 2 grand in , so far not shirts, no production numbers..

Actually all I have at this point is a production number as the shirt and sticker were apparently lost in the mail. The good news is that when I emailed them about it I actually received a phone call from Elio Motors so I hope to have it soon.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually all I have at this point is a production number as the shirt and sticker were apparently lost in the mail. The good news is that when I emailed them about it I actually received a phone call from Elio Motors so I hope to have it soon.

If you go see the Elio and take pictures, can you make your own shirts?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ralphe might be able to answer that question. Sandiah mentioned that Ralphe or at least someone who was at the Ontario, CA event, had made their own shirt. I have been wondering the same thing. Is it legal to make one if we don't try to sell it to others? Anyone else have comments?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Ralphe might be able to answer that question. Sandiah mentioned that Ralphe or at least someone who was at the Ontario, CA event, had made their own shirt. I have been wondering the same thing. Is it legal to make one if we don't try to sell it to others? Anyone else have comments?

I don't see where it would be an issue taking your own photo, or use a photo taken by someone who gives you permission, and using that photo to make a shirt for your own use.

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am almost certain that you can sell a copy of any picture you take . On a tee shirt or in a frame or to a newspaper for mass distribution. I am pretty sure the photographer is first in line to own the copyright otherwise the "paparazzi" would be SOL .

Top Bottom