• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Update: After Nearly 6 Months After 1st One Died At 4 Miles, Finally Was Sent A Replacement Ayro 311

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot see an advantage of ever NOT having doors on.
BTW: I sent e-mail to Ayro, and they said to please deal with the dealer. I contacted dealer, and they said they will be contacting Ayro.
Boy oh boy, they are just passing you like a hot potato, I agree with what someone else said, time to call on some legal help, and let them fight it out, you shouldn't have to. Some where there is a lawyer that is looking for a vacation in the Bahamas at Aryo expense. You dealt with them long enough, time to let the law have at them.

Aufgeblassen

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bikers would prefer the open air ride, but nice to have the option to pop on doors during the not so nice weather days. My need is to ride with doors on 99% of the time and pop them off on the very few nicest of days. I admit that the open air ride kicked up the Fun a notch. There are current FUV owners in Florida and Hawaii that don’t need or want the optional doors. Key point is optional.

Doors without window only provide some degree of add'l safety. Not for weather protection.

Aufgeblassen

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boy oh boy, they are just passing you like a hot potato, I agree with what someone else said, time to call on some legal help, and let them fight it out, you shouldn't have to. Some where there is a lawyer that is looking for a vacation in the Bahamas at Aryo expense. You dealt with them long enough, time to let the law have at them.

Yeah, there could be a class action suit.

Aufgeblassen

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, flooded acid / lead batteries sulfate if left unattended and not recharged regularly. But poster indicated a second mechanical failure, similar or even identical to the first unit's failure.

So that would indicate an electric motor that simply is not up too the task. Silly to go around and around in circles, when there are legal remedies available in every state. This is a textbook example of a "lemon" that cannot be made to work correctly. A drive unit that has an expected lifespan of either 4 miles or 60 miles (take your pick) is obviously junk.

No doubt the manufacturer built several examples before a production model was released. How have those other ones fared? Perhaps the drive units installed on this particular run of vehicles were all faulty. That's what I would be looking at.

It looks like the transmission is just cast aluminum, like it was adapted from a riding lawnmower or something. That is what could be failing.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought the first one, had a problem with the motor. Now this one has a transmission problem?
How about explaining the symptoms.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So what is the new direction for this auto? I have not recieved a response from Elio until today? Production up and running just want to know what is going on?
What we're talking about in this "header" has nothing to do with Elio, this is a problem that he's having with a Aryo completely different vehicle that has nothing to do with Elio. OK? Glad that you asked.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, we would all like to know, and who was it that you spoke with at Elio?

This is a key for discussion. So who specifically did you speak to at Elio? Inquiring minds what to know........

And please be specific.

Top Bottom