1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Update: After Nearly 6 Months After 1st One Died At 4 Miles, Finally Was Sent A Replacement Ayro 311

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by Aufgeblassen, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

Slight resemblance, but price and functionality WAY different.

2. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

The lawsuit relates to Patent infringements not so much resemblance. Regarding WAY different price and function........Your Ayro doesn’t sound that functional and my old Uncle Mac said, “You get what you pay for”. What the Ayro 311 does have, that I’m hoping Arcimoto will copy, is pop on/pop off doors, that has put delivery of my FUV #19 on hold over the past year and a half. Frankly, the delay is a good thing in that it provides me with the new model bug fixes and improvements made over that time frame. I sincerely hope you get your Ayro 311 up and running soon. You certainly have belief in the product and I admire your level of patience.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  3. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

Ayro doors are not "pop off".

4. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Doors will be pop on/pop off on the Arcimoto, providing they are ever available
    to pop on. My test drive was in the open platform Beta FUV. Most fun I’ve had driving any vehicle in my 73 years. To my surprise my wife agreed after her test drive. She won the race back to the Arcimoto Manufacturing Plant as the Arcimoto marketing guys hung on for dear life, seat belt buckled in the rear seats. :) I require doors before I take delivery, but I like the idea of popping them off for occasional open air lakeshore drives on the very nicest of days. Open air is nice and more functional on the golf course as well.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  5. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good on you!!! I must say we're proud of you, don't let them get away with anything, stay a thorn in their saddle.
    You left that part out before, that's why I said what I did, keep after them, daily, first thing in the morning to last thing at night.

Rickb likes this.
  6. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

I cannot see an advantage of ever NOT having doors on.

BTW: I sent e-mail to Ayro, and they said to please deal with the dealer. I contacted dealer, and they said they will be contacting Ayro.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  7. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    So what else is new? :D Wait, could the problem be as simple as what I think it is that the batteries went bad so they're not holding a full charge anymore?

8. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

I know! It is like "ground hog day" all over again!!!

9. Josh

Josh Elio Fan

Agreed, flooded acid / lead batteries sulfate if left unattended and not recharged regularly. But poster indicated a second mechanical failure, similar or even identical to the first unit's failure.

So that would indicate an electric motor that simply is not up too the task. Silly to go around and around in circles, when there are legal remedies available in every state. This is a textbook example of a "lemon" that cannot be made to work correctly. A drive unit that has an expected lifespan of either 4 miles or 60 miles (take your pick) is obviously junk.

No doubt the manufacturer built several examples before a production model was released. How have those other ones fared? Perhaps the drive units installed on this particular run of vehicles were all faulty. That's what I would be looking at.

10. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Bikers would prefer the open air ride, but nice to have the option to pop on doors during the not so nice weather days. My need is to ride with doors on 99% of the time and pop them off on the very few nicest of days. I admit that the open air ride kicked up the Fun a notch. There are current FUV owners in Florida and Hawaii that don’t need or want the optional doors. Key point is optional.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Coss likes this.