• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thread(s) Of Elio As Long-distance Highway Machine

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know anyone want to can break in anyway, but I feel safe if I have some type of locking key device for my hood pin. that just me. However I do like what you post above pic. If anyone steal my battery then I suppose my insurance will cover it.:rolleyes:
Damn you mean the base Elio doesn't come with a kick start? No wonder all you guys are so worried about the battery getting jacked! :D

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's sooooo not an issue if you must have a pin lock, I suppose if I ever moved to Boston I might slap in something like a Spyder lock, but what comes with would be perfectly fine for me.
acc-008.jpg

I'm in Texas now so it isn't as much of an issue to me, but that doesn't look like a lot of fun after an ice / snow storm.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lest we all forget, a panel truck and 3-4 people, and they can easily remove the pins (and everything else) at their convince !!

The only thing I've found to be virtually "theft-proof" is the concrete in my driveway.;)

It's too bad too. I'd really like to have a 'good' excuse to pour a new one. :D

Top Bottom