• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thread(s) Of Elio As Long-distance Highway Machine

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, it's been killing me to read this entire thread....all of the drama. IIRC, this was discussed a few months back. I was told (Rome,Ga airshow) that the production models will indeed (probably) have locking pins. :D

drama-queen-i5291.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You wouldn't think so. All I leave is a tool bag and jumper cables. When the tool bag was stolen, I paid over $500 to replace what was lost. Never even reported it as that's the same as my deductible.

I was always afraid of someone stealing tools, so I went to Wally world and picked up a $25 set of tools. If someone steals those, oh well, sorry about their luck and I'm only out $25. Found they will work in a pinch though.

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know someone who drove a 1990s s-class Mercedes. Someone smashed his door glass to steal the change in his console. The window glass cost $1,200 plus installation.

Sometimes it's not what they steal, but what they break getting to it.

A friend of mine had her car broken into so often that she would leave all of her doors unlocked and the glove box door open when parked on her street.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I know someone who drove a 1990s s-class Mercedes. Someone smashed his door glass to steal the change in his console. The window glass cost $1,200 plus installation.

Sometimes it's not what they steal, but what they break getting to it.

A friend of mine had her car broken into so often that she would leave all of her doors unlocked and the glove box door open when parked on her street.
$1,200 for a door glass OMG!! They robbed him long before and after the person grabbed the change.

Top Bottom