• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always figured that people who "debadge" vehicles were criminals who didn't want their make/model easily identified as they speed away. I never figured that it could be some sort of aversion to advertizement.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've posted about this before, but because it's kind of important I'm posting it again for the sake of the new members, and, hopefully, so Elio will recognize a good idea when they see it.

Next time you're out in traffic take note of the rear end of the cars and trucks around you. I'll bet you'll have a hard time finding one that doesn't have it's name or logo on the back. There's a reason for this... it's great, free advertising.

I propose this. Modify the design of the rear panel so the license plate is a few inches lower than it is now. Then place the Elio name above the license plate. It could be a simple decal, a metal badge, or, as shown in the pic below, an addition to the rear light and works just like the brake light.

Let the people behind you know what you are. It can only be good for sales.

name_Ihghmage1.jpg

Damn!
And all this time I thought they put their mark there 'cause they all have so little originality in their design that you can't tell what it is without it.
Somehow I don't think Elio will have that problem.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always pull the dealer badges but not the manufacturer's badges. I do that because while I'm proud of the vehicle, I don't want to advertise for some random dealership... It is a benefit to me if people see my vehicle and want the same brand/model because that can affect my resale value. The dealer badge doesn't affect my resale value at all so off goes the badge!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've posted about this before, but because it's kind of important I'm posting it again for the sake of the new members, and, hopefully, so Elio will recognize a good idea when they see it.
<trimmed>
Trusting, you've been here long enough to have heard, or been told, or saw somewhere else on site
Elio Owners is not affiliated with Elio Motors

So a statement like "....so Elio will recognize ......" on this site isn't going to happen.
Do they read some of the site? Maybe, but we don't know if they do or not.
If you want them to see your idea, you'll have to contact them or go post it on their FB page.

We now return you to your normal ramblings :becky:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always pull the dealer badges but not the manufacturer's badges. I do that because while I'm proud of the vehicle, I don't want to advertise for some random dealership... It is a benefit to me if people see my vehicle and want the same brand/model because that can affect my resale value. The dealer badge doesn't affect my resale value at all so off goes the badge!

forget badges, I don't need no stinking badges-
how about the insidious plastic license plate holder that dealers put around the plates.?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess what. You just happen to mention license plate holders.
Which made me think of my nice big shiny chrome license plate holder.
Which made me think of this...

The Elio needs more a lot more chrome.

Top Bottom