• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried to run a survey about that but it got lost in the shuffle. I just checked the results and Red Hot had 5 votes, Licorice ad True Blue had 4 each and then I think there were a couple of more votes but that is all. I'm afraid they will use the March Madness as an excuse to use Licorice but I hope they go for color. I'd like to see True Blue but Red would also be good. We simply do not want it to blend in with the background and it needs to be a color they haven't used in the past. In fact when I saw the blue in that news release my first thought is "Oh good, they are using True Blue for P5". I forgot to check the style. LOL :) Z
I would bet on True Blue as well.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for that link! But where did that True Blue P3 come from. Ah yes, the European P1 perhaps? Aanbody see which side the shifter was on?
Only a green P2, silver P3 and creamsicle P4 exist. All others are renderings, some more believable than others.
shark elio.jpg

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pretty interesting Wayne! Does flame spraying really take that long? The entire video was on one cylinder..

Ray
I don't know Ray and I can't find the answer. Also after the spray the cylinders have to be honed. Of coarse we only have 3 :)

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello from Florida. I was on IAV's web site, and if you click on their partnerships, there is no mention of Elio Motors. Anyone know why??

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello from Florida. I was on IAV's web site, and if you click on their partnerships, there is no mention of Elio Motors. Anyone know why??

Eddie, Let me first welcome you to this Elio forum. We have a great group of people here from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this unique little vehicle.

I don't know why Elio is not listed on the IAV web site however I can tell you we were recently able to see some pictures of the first batch of completed engine blocks which were completed in late February, were assembled in early March, and are currently undergoing testing at IAV. Unfortunately the photos were apparently not supposed to be released just yet so we removed them but thanks to seeing them I can assure you the engine development is well under way at IAV.

Last edited:

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie, Let me first welcome you to this Elio forum. We have a great group of people here from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this unique little vehicle.

I don't know why Elio is not listed on the IAV web site however I can tell you we were recently able to see some pictures of the first batch of completed engine blocks which were completed in late February, were assembled in early March, and are currently undergoing testing at IAV. Unfortunately the photos were apparently not supposed to be released just yet so we removed them but thanks to seeing them I can assure you the engine development is well under way at IAV.
Whoa, what? When did this happen?

Top Bottom