• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The thread with the photos was open for about three days early last week in the Elio Drivetrain forum. Many people saw them but I am sure a lot missed them also. Just the way it goes.
I can vouch for that. I saw them. I didn't realize they had been taken away. :-( Oh well they will reappear eventually. Something to look forward to. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you read this on the Elio web site?

Yes it’s true. We are partnering with Pep Boys (Yes THAT Pep Boys) to be the official Elio service center. It’s no small thing to win the confidence of this leading national service brand.

With 800 service centers and 7,500 service bays, Pep Boys will provide Elio Motors' customers with convenient service options from one of the most trusted names in the automotive aftermarket. What this also means is that Elio Motors will now have more service centers than Volkswagen, Kia, Subaru, Mercedes Benz and BMW, to name a few. How great for you is that?

As you read this, our guys and theirs are deeply immersed in developing the game plan. So as soon as all the i’s and t’s are dotted and crossed, we'll go public with the details.

Meanwhile, you can be sure the best interests of Elio owners will be driving every decision.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as I am aware you would be correct that IAV is doing the design and testing but Elio will handle the actual final engine assembly in the Shreveport assembly facility.
The way I was understanding it, in one of the other threads, you have to go to the "Elio Store," order your car, with the transmission, cruise control, and all, and when you get to the door, they will have it in a big box, waiting for you to take home and assemble yourself. You will have an inventory sheet, with the pieces/parts that are SUPPOSED to be in the box, and along with the instructions, will be a list of tools needed to assemble your machine.

Here is the estimated cost.
Elio=$6800
Trans=$500
Cruise=$250
Shipping
or pickup=$750

I'm just piecing all this together by what I have read.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you read this on the Elio web site?

Yes it’s true. We are partnering with Pep Boys (Yes THAT Pep Boys) to be the official Elio service center. It’s no small thing to win the confidence of this leading national service brand.

With 800 service centers and 7,500 service bays, Pep Boys will provide Elio Motors' customers with convenient service options from one of the most trusted names in the automotive aftermarket. What this also means is that Elio Motors will now have more service centers than Volkswagen, Kia, Subaru, Mercedes Benz and BMW, to name a few. How great for you is that?

As you read this, our guys and theirs are deeply immersed in developing the game plan. So as soon as all the i’s and t’s are dotted and crossed, we'll go public with the details.

Meanwhile, you can be sure the best interests of Elio owners will be driving every decision.
Not sure where you read that on the Elio web site. I just came from there, the time is 7:50 CDT and the most recent news article is dated 4/22. I have had the TV on since 6:30 and have heard no mention. Hot saying toou are wrong, I just cannot find a reference.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....snip...You will have an inventory sheet, with the pieces/parts that are SUPPOSED to be in the box, and along with the instructions, will be a list of tools needed to assemble your machine.
If this was supposed to be funny you seriously need to work on your comedic timing.

If this was supposed to be serious you need to stop reading things from wherever you read them.

Reactions: Ty

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...snip...You will have an inventory sheet, with the pieces/parts that are SUPPOSED to be in the box, and along with the instructions, will be a list of tools needed to assemble your machine.
If this was supposed to be funny you seriously need to work on your comedic timing.

If this was supposed to be serious you need to stop reading things from wherever you read them.

Sorry, it is in the upper left corner of the eliomotors.com website. Gray box.

If you saw this on the official EM site you seriously need to work on your reading skills, or stop web surfing while you're drinking.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you saw this on the official EM site you seriously need to work on your reading skills, or stop web surfing while you're drinking.
Before you call me out, let the page scroll through. You will see the gray box to the left of the blue Elio on the Route 66. by the way, you are more crass in your posts than I ever have been.

Top Bottom