• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello from Florida. I was on IAV's web site, and if you click on their partnerships, there is no mention of Elio Motors. Anyone know why??
Typical corporate behavior wouldn't have an established company bragging about a start up company that hasn't purchased engine one. Wait till they start hitting the streets and it will be a different story.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yes, distance ones self from the association of anything that might possibly fail. Just like politics, you must NEVER be seen with a perceived/possible loser!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thx for the reply. I was wondering if IAV was just the designer, and Elio was producing their own motors.

As far as I am aware you would be correct that IAV is doing the design and testing but Elio will handle the actual final engine assembly in the Shreveport assembly facility.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as I am aware you would be correct that IAV is doing the design and testing but Elio will handle the actual final engine assembly in the Shreveport assembly facility.
"Assembly" leaves a bit to the imagination. Do you know if the engine block will be created in Shreveport? I thought I read somewhere that the engine was being built there. Maybe I misread. Or perhaps my connotation of 'built' is different than the authors.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Assembly" leaves a bit to the imagination. Do you know if the engine block will be created in Shreveport? I thought I read somewhere that the engine was being built there. Maybe I misread. Or perhaps my connotation of 'built' is different than the authors.
The IAV engine will be 'built'/ assembled there.... but where all the components will come from (including the engine block) is unknown at this time.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

You read it exactly as I meant it. Anything is possible but I seriously doubt they would cast the engine blocks and cylinder heads themselves as that is not an easy thing to set up.

Machining and assembling the engines is definitely much easier to accomplish.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm ready to upgrade my all in, once I see that Shreveport plant up and running.

I can understand this and know there are many people that are on the same boat. You will however be waiting a while as the plant will only start coming together a few months before production. Elio Motors has even said they will not be hiring many people in Shreveport until 60-90 days before production.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom