• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assumed the E vehicles would be built progressively during the testing phase, so if problems were discovered in the early models, the design changes to correct the problems could be incorporated in later E vehicles so the change could be tested.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assumed the E vehicles would be built progressively during the testing phase, so if problems were discovered in the early models, the design changes to correct the problems could be incorporated in later E vehicles so the change could be tested.
They also want to test the assembly line, so maybe they'll do something like 5 sets of 5 at a time. Just a guess tho....

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm totally unfamiliar with the process. Does each tool have multiple interchangeable molds so each part can cure more slowly away from the tool as the tool is used for the next mold?

Perhaps 60 Machines per part with 3,000 molds (50/machine)?

Also, what would be involved in reprepping the mold after it completes a cycle?

My two cents: The molds I have used required 3 coats of wax or mold release at each cycle. Prep is time consuming but the only preventative measure to insure cosmetically good parts.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on picking mine up at the factory as well, but I hate the idea of driving back with no tools. Can a person take a small bag of tools on the plane these days?

You can check pretty much any tools you want (non-combustible, of course). Carry-on tools have to be 7 inches in length or less, and no blades (IIRC).

Top Bottom