• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did they say if it was going to include pricing? :wacko:
And if it is going live next week, I'll wait another week to 10 days before even trying to get in there; do you realize how busy that system will be? It will be like a DDOS attack :eek: the first day it's live. ;)
What they did say was that it would be populated with additional choices once a month, so we get to have logjams on a monthly basis. Assuming there are enough people interested to cause traffic reduction, say compressing an 8 lane highway to a 6 lamer when everybody's riding bicycles! In other words -- I doubt traffic will clog the works.

What isn't clear is whether myelio.me will be restricted to reservation holders. I think perhaps that it should be -- at least for the first 3 months, say. My reason for that is that we have skin in the game and are less apt to say, oh, yeah, I'll have two of these and three of those, knowing it's all play stuff and we aren't committed to actually buying any of it.

If I were structuring this site, I'd see if there were a way to give people a budget of Eliobucks (to coin a term), and allocate them any way they wished.
You get a new budget every time the site is updated. At the end of 6 months, you are forced to "give back" half the choices you have made.

What that would do is demonstrate in a realistic way what the actual priorities are among the available options. (I'm just thinking aloud here, so bear with this).

In other words, participants (players?) are continually having to make choices, and at the end, they must narrow the choices down sharply. It's a good mechanism for finding out what people really will want to buy, and the approximate price they'd be willing to pay.

Think this idea is worth sending along?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What they did say was that it would be populated with additional choices once a month, so we get to have logjams on a monthly basis. Assuming there are enough people interested to cause traffic reduction, say compressing an 8 lane highway to a 6 lamer when everybody's riding bicycles! In other words -- I doubt traffic will clog the works.

What isn't clear is whether myelio.me will be restricted to reservation holders. I think perhaps that it should be -- at least for the first 3 months, say. My reason for that is that we have skin in the game and are less apt to say, oh, yeah, I'll have two of these and three of those, knowing it's all play stuff and we aren't committed to actually buying any of it.

If I were structuring this site, I'd see if there were a way to give people a budget of Eliobucks (to coin a term), and allocate them any way they wished.
You get a new budget every time the site is updated. At the end of 6 months, you are forced to "give back" half the choices you have made.

What that would do is demonstrate in a realistic way what the actual priorities are among the available options. (I'm just thinking aloud here, so bear with this).

In other words, participants (players?) are continually having to make choices, and at the end, they must narrow the choices down sharply. It's a good mechanism for finding out what people really will want to buy, and the approximate price they'd be willing to pay.

Think this idea is worth sending along?
I see some flaws with it; people aren't going to want to "play the game" once a month; my feeling is they will go in there once or twice, make a decision and call it good. Then there will be the others that will be in there multiple times a day for the first few weeks, and again when they make changes, and others that will go "yeah, I was thinking about going in there, I just haven't had time (or interest) to use it till it's ready to take orders (aka one and done).

Giving folks "bucks"; well, maybe, not really sure on that part; human nature doesn't like being limited; and that's just what you're doing with the "game budgets".

Send it to them if you want, but I think it's needs some work first.

Top Bottom