• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not from the factory. You'd have to cut away integral parts of the frame. Search for a pic of the P5 frame being assembled (sorry, I don't have a link handy), and you'll see how the frame over the doors and cockpit can't really be removed.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not from the factory. You'd have to cut away integral parts of the frame. Search for a pic of the P5 frame being assembled (sorry, I don't have a link handy), and you'll see how the frame over the doors and cockpit can't really be removed.
Back when, they talked factory sun roof and moon roof- both of which, do to frame structure will be VERY small, just maybe you'd be able to pass a basketball through the opening.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back when, they talked factory sun roof and moon roof- both of which, do to frame structure will be VERY small, just maybe you'd be able to pass a basketball through the opening.
If it were slightly bigger than a basketball it could have other uses. Time for a Taco Bell run at midnight? Pull through, order, pull forward, put the Elio in neutral, set the hand brake and take off your seat belt. Shimmy up through the sun/moon roof and lean over to reach the window. Tacos!!! Shimmy back down, seatbelt, brake off, put it in gear and you're off and running.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you think there will be an option for a convertible Elio?
There has been talk of future models having the option of an all-glass roof, which I imagine could be a pop-up roof for airflow wonderment.

As it is, the roof panel should be fairly straightforward to remove from the frame (although the radio antenna is supposedly attached to the inside of the roof). One of the first things I'll be looking into when I get mine is to find out just how easy/difficult it is to remove the roof panel.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it were slightly bigger than a basketball it could have other uses. Time for a Taco Bell run at midnight? Pull through, order, pull forward, put the Elio in neutral, set the hand brake and take off your seat belt. Shimmy up through the sun/moon roof and lean over to reach the window. Tacos!!! Shimmy back down, seatbelt, brake off, put it in gear and you're off and running.
BMI over 20 will, if it's available, be a very tight fit- I can see the headline now-"EMS called to extricate Elio owner wedged in sunroof" - One taco too much sealed his fate.!! :-)

Top Bottom