• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the number of comments about the Elio feeling like your in a single engine plane, I wonder if they could use an aviation style steering wheel?

An airplane yoke only turns 90 degrees (quarter turn) from center (generally) while a car steering wheel turns 1.5 to 3 turns from center.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A steering wheel that costs almost 3 times what the Elio costs? Pass for me (Yes, F1 wheel is $20K)
Huh. Here I thought that was a controller for a Playstation. You'd use it in that game, I think it's called "Engines of War", or sumtin...

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Won't using that "steering/control handle" require re-engineering the Elio so that you not only have to turn the handle but move the control stick to the right to turn right (for example) and maybe even lean in that direction, or to push the stick forward to accelerate and pull back to decelerate?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Won't using that "steering/control handle" require re-engineering the Elio so that you not only have to turn the handle but move the control stick to the right to turn right (for example) and maybe even lean in that direction, or to push the stick forward to accelerate and pull back to decelerate?
I think the Fwd and Back might want to be opposite. Can you picture using controls like that?
Accelerating pushes you back, so pull the stick back.
Stopping moves you forward, so pushing forward would be easier.

Maybe that why every time they have thought about introducing a joystick for driving a car they had problems deciding out which way to push the stick to stop and go; slowing or accelerating in a turn could go bad in a hurry.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We're talking appearance, not complete function. The function remains the same. But the imagination may run wild.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cruise: Yes
Stereo: No
The remote controls depend on which grade of stereo you get, so since they don't all have that option, it was left off the wheel.
Most likely, the steering wheel will
correspond to the option(s) picked....

Top Bottom