• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a great point. It's in our interest, as supporters of Elio, to make the rollout of the initial production go as smoothly as possible. A smooth rollout will generate good press (or at least not generate negative press), which will help increase sales and good will toward the company. It may even get reflected positively by JD Powers.

All this may be negated to a degree if a whole bunch of new owners order a whole bunch of add-ons -- beyond automatic and other ones the factory installs at Shreveport -- and a significant number of those E-Plus options have issues requiring the return of a large number of Elios for a warranty repair. In other words, there's a potential for problems with the non-factory options to mask an otherwise good performance by the base vehicle, and detractors will jump all over that as an "I told you so" story.
You have a good point. When customers get a survey on their new vehicle and the navi system or radio doesn't work right, they don't distinguish between their vehicle and the option. As far as their concerned their new vehicle isn't working as expected.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I intend to pay the elio off as fast as possible and then drive it untill the wheels fall off, so I am planning on putting some nice extras on. I want premium sound, power steering, automatic transmission, tint, and im sure some other stuff...
Don't forget front and rear rocket launch systems, for those tailgaters who drive too close and those jerks that drive too slow.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Qi chargers are a lot handier than USB connections - you don't have to fish around in the dark for a connection, just drop it into the dock and get a confirming beep..

Having tried the Bluetooth connection for my Pandora accounts, plus the excellent Drive+ app for my phone, it's just too much for a driver to juggle and watch the road. Sure the apps work well, but switching between music and maps can be too distracting. Now that standalone GPS devices are relatively cheap, it's a better idea for me to have both a phone/BT radio, and a navigator. 2 screens, no switching.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Several smartphones now offer Qi connections. It's an inductive pad you plunk your phone down on and charging begins and stops when it's done or you pick up your phone. If your phone isn't Qi compliant, several manufacturers offer a little circuit card that can be slipped into the back of several phones to adapt them to Qi charging.

I have one charging pad by my bedside, one on the table between our living room chairs, and hardly ever use a direct USB connection. Surprisingly, although my phone case is also my wallet and pretty thick leather, the inductive connection still works quite nicely. It's handy in the car too, but be sure your power connection is switched with the ignition - since the pad consumes a small amount of electricity even if the phone isn't present, it could eventually run your battery down while parked.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Several smartphones now offer Qi connections. It's an inductive pad you plunk your phone down on and charging begins and stops when it's done or you pick up your phone. If your phone isn't Qi compliant, several manufacturers offer a little circuit card that can be slipped into the back of several phones to adapt them to Qi charging.

I have one charging pad by my bedside, one on the table between our living room chairs, and hardly ever use a direct USB connection. Surprisingly, although my phone case is also my wallet and pretty thick leather, the inductive connection still works quite nicely. It's handy in the car too, but be sure your power connection is switched with the ignition - since the pad consumes a small amount of electricity even if the phone isn't present, it could eventually run your battery down while parked.
I've left my Qi charger wired and on in my truck now for about 9 months... no dead battery issues yet. They do charge a bit slower though. To switch screens, I just talk to my phone... "Okay Google, navigate home." "Okay Google, Play my music" that way, I can use my phone for navigation and music without having to crowd up my windshield... Blocking up the scenery, breaking my mind.

Top Bottom