• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I see the Elio as a configurable platform that in it's basic form can be a fine commuter, but is adaptable in the hands of its owner over time. The Model T was similar, as were several of its rivals. Back in the teens and twenties many customers bought what was called a "chassis-cowl", a frame, engine, running gear, and radiator - complete with hood and cowling that could be turned into practically anything, from farm truck to "hotrod". After high school, my Dad and Uncle built one up to make a trip from Hays, KS to San Francisco and back - serving as transportation, home, and shelter over a 10 week trip.

View attachment 8996

Note, fenders were optional . . . one of those times you come to deeply regret not spending the money for while ducking flying clods of mud as you drove unpaved "roads". I kinda like the classy riding boots and Jodhpurs . . . Dad even wore a TIE. In those days you dressed for adventure.

In the end, your Elio can be ordered in much the same way, from bare bones to loaded, with (thanks to PE's commitment to individual options rather than packages) almost everything in between. Then there's going to be an immense aftermarket that will allow owners to build (and change) whatever they want. It's going to be fun!

I was born in Hays, went to high school about 85 miles away, and went to college at Fort Hays State University. :clap2:

That picture was taken in Hays probably?

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was born in Hays, went to high school about 85 miles away, and went to college at Fort Hays State University. :clap2:

That picture was taken in Hays probably?
Yes, my paternal grandfather was the President of Fort Hays Normal School, later to become Fort Hays State College for nearly twenty years. In that picture is the President's home where Dad, his brother, and sister grew up at the edge of the campus.

I've visited a few times, it's a beautiful small-town campus that's grown into a fine University. Pretty cool to see grandads' name still on the stadium.

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing a minimalist Audio Dock.

rEYaVpn.jpg

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing a minimalist Audio Dock.
I'd prefer an option that is just a Bluetooth extension of my phone. I never listen to terrestrial radio, cancelled my satellite radio a few years ago, just listen to tunes stored on my iPhone. I also want the hands free phone call features that most Bluetooth setups have these days.

If the car is running and the phone is in range I want to be able to take and make phone calls, and listen to music through the car stereo. A USB Cable would be ok if it provides enough juice to also charge the phone, but Bluetooth connection would be preferred.

As easily replaceable mount for the phone integrated into to dash would be nice to take advantage of Google maps navigation, but it needs to be flexible enough to allow for new phone models in the future and also allow for a bare phone or a phone with a protective case.

Steering wheel controls for most of that required also.

Top Bottom