• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In his speech at the NY Auto Show, PE said they had a display of the different stereo options.
Is there a picture of this display.
Not that I've seen; but since it was during the NY show, it probably won't be in print for a while (like a few weeks, or whenever the next news release is.

Here's an option I don't remember ever being discussed:

Will the Elio have DRL's? (DRL = Daytime Running Lights)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
:bump:
I, too, am very curious about the stereo options. Although, I would hope to experience the driving noise quality for myself before I sink money into a premo stereo.:confused:
Isn't the stereo modular? And I wonder if there is going to be an OEM version just for the Elio (just like most manufacturers have).

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not that I've seen; but since it was during the NY show, it probably won't be in print for a while (like a few weeks, or whenever the next news release is.

Check the p5\ LA question list. I think I had asked that to be asked, don't remember if it was asked or answered...

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss --- Since the Elio is considered to be a motorcycle I'm sure it will have the headlights on low at all times. This has been a requirement on all street motorcycles since back in the 70's. Honda has a system that operates the low beams at reduced power to save wear & tear on the bulbs. Would be nice if some nifty LED DLRs were an option. Especially if they were mounted on the spats.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Unfortunately, I don't remember asking that at the L.A. show, sorry. I do however see it being standard. Every vehicle I can think of comes with daytime running lights. If my faculties still serve me well it increases the vehicles safety rating, I know it is a factor for insurance rates, and may even be required by law in some areas (like CA). I will have to try and dig up proof after work.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss --- Since the Elio is considered to be a motorcycle I'm sure it will have the headlights on low at all times. This has been a requirement on all street motorcycles since back in the 70's. Honda has a system that operates the low beams at reduced power to save wear & tear on the bulbs. Would be nice if some nifty LED DLRs were an option. Especially if they were mounted on the spats.
Easily added :D

Top Bottom